It's kind of funny, but sometimes sad. Some people love my map, some people hate it. I might I understand their love, but I might find it hard to understand their hate. I gotta say this, it's really stupid to hate the map based on the game mode. The map is new. It's still in the testing phase and some players just refuse to play just because it's PASS Time. It's really stupid to behave like that without giving the map a chance.
Despite that hate which didn't make any sense whatsoever, the majority of folks who actually play-tested it properly and truly loved it, have said in the public that the map is completely different while comparing to other existing official PASS Time maps; It brings a new unique gameplay to the mode and is more fun to play in general. I was actually quite happy to hear someone actually saying, "I love this map", with an uplifting voice. It gave me hope to continue the development of this map.
However, some folks have said that the map feels quite tight. That kind of made me a little bit worried.
By looking at the existing PASS Time maps, I understood that some official maps are wide as hell - using big dangerous sightlines which give big opportunities to snipers. So I thought to myself: "You know what? Let's just accept this wideness in this gamemode." The back area on each side of my map is pretty wide already, so I might not even bother listening to someone saying that these areas are wide.
So because of tightness and understanding that PASS Time maps are wide in general, I decided to build balconies on the roofs for each team with a hope that people wouldn't mention the tightness again. Although, I still think they will say it, but I hope that the players will actually think with their heads on what to do while playing the map.
Now the biggest part. Trees. Specifically pines. You see, the trees like pines aren't really used anywhere in the good maps. They are mostly placed in the areas where players can't run around. Players in the A2 version players have complained about them mostly in the mid part of the map. They are gone now in the A3 version. Although they're a lot of them in the back areas. I decided to ask a friend about the trees. To be very honest with you, he doesn't really play TF2 that much and has little experience in the game. However, when he was running around, play-testing my map by himself in the map, he was just all like: "You know what? If someone hates those trees, it's their problem. They are really good for cover." I am not sure how normal TF2 players would feel about this and should I actually take these trees seriously, but if I am gonna do remove them, what am I gonna replaced them with? These trees block the sightlines in certain places which is really good from a distance. Although if someone gets close to them, they can't see anything. If someone remade these existing pine models, so the leaves are a bit higher and they don't get in anyone's sight while walking on the ground, that would be a perfect experiment. But still, I don't know if I should actually bother myself with those pines. Maybe as of now, they are completely fine, so there's no need to touch them. I dunno really. Go test the map. And please, be being respectful to it.
Changes for A3:
- Reworked Mid completely.
- The area has been widened on each side.
- Added balconies on each side of the team.
- Added a new room on each side.
- Added new props and some small health kits.
- Added "No Build" brush under the ball spawner.
- Replaced a big health pack with a medium health pack in the mid.
- Reduced the size of the high ground to 256.
- Reduced the size of the lake.
- Reduced the size of the jump-pads.
- Removed some trees.
- Added more clipping for smoothing and blocking.
- Replaced "No Entry" signs in the BLU side with BLU colored spawn signs.
- Adjusted the size of certain jump-pads and the ways where they launch players.
- Adjusted "trigger_push" entities on the bonus goals.
- Fixed some issues related to goals.
- Fixed some lights facing the wrong direction in the RED side.
- Fixed certain props facing the wrong direction in the RED side.
- Fixed HUD not showing the goals.
- Removed one goal on each side due to gamemode's limits.
- And maybe more.