Octothorpe: A Koth Map
Welcome to Octothorpe Station, a small train crossroads on the far outskirts of Poco, New Mexico. The way station was built out quickly by the Mann Company to serve as a storage and logistics center during the Gravel Wars. While most of the Octothorpe facilities are now boarded up, the rail lines that cross through remain as active as ever.
The station is also home to an altar dedicated to the Train God.
The Train God has shown to be particularly fond of this altar. He has been lingering in the area blessing trains with his essence as they pass by. The Train God is also a typical god and he needs his blood sacrifices to help keep his confidence up. Of course being the Train God, he will only take offerings that are presented to his proxy locomotives. Standing in front of any of the trains as they pass through the station is the sure fire method for making the Train God happy. The Train God will usually show his appreciation for your offering by igniting the train on fire for a short time. He's also not an uncaring god. He'd like you to live and go forward. He always tries to resurrect those that have been given up to him. But he's the Train God not the Resurrection God, so it doesn't work out so well. He usually only manages to raise the skeletons from the pirate and cowboy graveyard that Octothorpe was originally built on.
A tight King of the Hill map themed in the industrial trainyard style with a bit of flair from the rocket stand above the point. The map is about as large as Nucleus and shares the same sort of idea of a dangerous control point in the center. The danger is the trains that plow past the point on either side of it. It has an outer and inner ring of play spaces around the point, a basement passage and of course, your typical altar to the Train God.
- A Train god death counter installed under the point. Every death is counted!
- A custom beach ball [so fancy!]
- A custom bouncy skull to shoot and shoot and shoot.
- Lots of custom textures, signs and logos
- 4 trains! No waiting!
- Finished spawn rooms!
- A Conga themed train car for the easily amused!
- A Butter themed train car for those unimpressed with the Conga car!
- A fiery train of death... times four!
- Zombies! When you die, the Train God spawns a skeleton as a thanks!
- Bones on almost every surface!
- The Train God and his posse! In person! Ready to kill you!
- Spooky Fog and Soundscapes!
The Steam Workshop page for the map
July 23rd Version 21
- added Halloween soundscapes
- tweaked the fog colors and distances
- added a workshop labeled nav mesh in the proper spot this time [thx Pikachu on LSD]
- deleted a couple wall sections to open up a few areas
- deleted the overhead train trestles. Jumpers rejoice in the streets!
- added some coffins
- tweaked the green trench lighting to be consistent in both places