💙💙💃💙💙
aa
Nov 25, 2008
I want the skyboxeses and particleses :(

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
Yeah that's fun :p

I've noticed a few fade distances that could be a bit longer in both maps, is it worth uploading pics or is it really not that big a deal?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
The "B" sign in the barn is one. It's especially noticeable because the other props in it have longer fade distances. If there's any prop that needs to be visible from a distance, it's the one that identifies where the point is.

EDIT: It occurred to me that YM probably doesn't have the final source file and thus won't be able to make any changes anyway.

J4CK8

Mar 4, 2009
I think msot of them I spotted when traveling from point to point. For example:
cp_manor_event0001.jpg

cp_manor_event0002.jpg

And on 3dnj's:
cp_mountainlab0001.jpg

cp_mountainlab0002.jpg

And...
cp_mountainlab0003.jpg

cp_mountainlab0004.jpg

Not sure how this happened but...
cp_manor_event0005.jpg

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
As long as we're suggesting changes to 3dnj's map, here are a few glitches I caught:

cpmountainlab0000.jpg

I would suggest disabling vertex lighting on these cabinets. For some reason the cabinets do not play well with vertex lighting.

cpmountainlab0001.jpg

This grate texture. Is it custom? If so, I recommend editing it so that it's antialiased like the dark one. It kind of disappears at a certain distance otherwise.

cpmountainlab0002.jpg

This face (and the others like it) should be aligned to Face so that the texture doesn't stretch out.

cpmountainlab0003.jpg

This one isn't a glitch; I just wanted to point out that the hot-air balloon was a nice touch.

Actually, come to think of it, the amount of fog on it is a little harsh. Is there any way to override it? (like with the skycards)

cpmountainlab0004.jpg

There seems to be an issue with uniform lighting here.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I think msot of them I spotted when traveling from point to point. For example:

I'm having trouble trying to find most of what was supposed to be fading.

This is kind of how fade distances are supposed to be used. The difficulty trying to find the difference really shows how unnecessary it is to change them.

Pocket

aa
Nov 14, 2009
I'm having trouble trying to find most of what was supposed to be fading.

Yeah, me to, partly because the picture doesn't fit on my screen all at once... when did we get rid of image resizing and can I re-enable it?

J4CK8

Mar 4, 2009
Yeah, wondered why the images were messing up. The first one is the B sign that Steve mentioned before my post. Second and third are a couple of bushes, kinda hard to see the last one becuase the blurry cap thingy...

The last picture...I have no idea what happened or whether it was just me (wasn't a very talkative server) but the point was RED's yet the hologrom shows it as BLU's.

3Dnj

Ducks
aa
Dec 21, 2008
Actually, come to think of it, the amount of fog on it is a little harsh. Is there any way to override it? (like with the skycards)

Mhh that's strange. I have a $nofog in the material on my computer, looks like I didn't send the good .vmt to valve :l