Workshop of Horrors 2 is Live!

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by tf2.com, Oct 31, 2016.

1. tf2.com

tf2.com L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Over the last two months the TF community has been hard at work on this year's Halloween showcase, and now it’s here! Spend the spookiest day of your life looking at equally spooky mods here, and check out their Steam Workshop here!

Read on the TF2 Blog...

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    In an alternate reality, this was the scream fortress update

(I actually thought this was an update to tf2, I went absolutely crazy)

3. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    hopefully valve will wake up and contact the community the next time they need an update page done quick. They completely missed the boat this year

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    I agree, the page for this was excellently done! Very good work and had great renders. Sounds weird but I think the update page is my favorite part of every update.

5. C:/hdata

C:/hdata L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Sup guys, Chdata here.

I'm running a rotation of Halloween maps now that Valve's showcased them without actually adding them to the game because wdf.

pl_fifthcurve_event
    koth_maple_ridge_event
    pd_pit_of_death_event
    workshop/koth_muertos.ugc781315041
    workshop/cp_degroot_creep.ugc758374382
    workshop/koth_eerie.ugc775754053
    workshop/koth_slasher.ugc782407483
    workshop/pl_hellward.ugc773281688
    workshop/pl_brimstone.ugc764966851
    workshop/cp_spiritpit.ugc782930741
    workshop/koth_deathcliff.ugc772621700
    workshop/pl_badwater_event.ugc766145891

This is on my custom weapons server on top of a bunch of other maps including frontline and other stuff.

If you have a complete map and want me to include it do tell. Remember you can !nominate a map to go into map votes.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2data

Meow.

----

I'd love to do workshop map events on my custom weapon server from time to time, but I end up only finding time to look at these things after October ended because I have a job and college taking up my time.

If I had time, I would've done this half a month ago when my community was begging me to add maps, and I wouldn't have that nav file problem mentioned below. q q

;o;

----

Edit: Woops, I think .nav files don't download through workshop or something... so the maps here with bosses are probably all broken.

I'm kinda outta time today to do anything. Urg.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  6. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    I'm pretty sure Pit of Death and Brimstone did get added?

7. ics

aa ics http://ics-base.net

Positive Ratings:
    All the top 3 maps in the list are within the game but i think he ment to add all halloween maps into the list and just said that a bit poorly.

As for nav files broken within the workshop, valve has been notified about it. A temp fix is to create nav (or dig original nav from the bsp) by name of map_name.ugcworkshopidhere.nav. For example on muertos, this would be koth_muertos.ugc781315041.nav and place that on the server alone. Then bots and bosses would work just fine on the server, even though the nav in the workshop file is not loading properly.

8. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah it was pretty sad that this Scream Fortress didn't get an update page when it had 3 maps, a new crate with a bunch of new items, an Unusualifier, 2 new taunts, new unusual effects and double drop rate for unusuals. That's more then enough for a nice, big update page.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. C:/hdata

C:/hdata L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, I guess they did add Brimstone, it's just called fifthcurve in the mapname, and I was already familiar with fifthcurve ;p

When I have time tomorrow I'll be fixing up the nav stuff on the maps. Thanks for that workshop tip, I didn't know about it. That'll save a lot of time of me setting up fastDLs.

----

The thing is I saw that second update page and thought they did a two-fold community update or something. Now I'm kinda confused on what actually was or wasn't added and at leaaaast wanted to throw those maps from the page on a server.

I do know in my /map folder there's only 3 that came through.

10. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Workshop of Horrors is an entirely community driven initiative showcasing cool stuff made this year. It's not official by any means, but Valve took notice and gave it a plug on their site.