[WIP] Pl_Alpine

Which one looks better ( scroll to bottom to see what this polls about)

• Box

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Stairs

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Ladder

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Log

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

treythepunkid

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 8, 2008
You migth want to turn the bloom down in your map, it's quite overpowering.

M only gripe with the boxes is that they would be incredibly fiddly to traverse. constantly jumping onto each crate. It's the most annoying section of Dustbowl that is.

Exaclly. The boxes look good, but the Stairs, Log, and Ladder provide the player with a clean walk stright to where they want to go. I think im going to go with the Stairs/Box mix ( thanks for the diagram Jazz!). You get the good looks of the boxes, plus a clean way of up and down for all classes.

And thanks for the suggestion on the bloom, i have HDR scale on .5, on 1 is was blinding. Ill try setting it lower.:thumbup:

Last edited:

treythepunkid

Sep 8, 2008
Way to prop spam. This map needs some serious work man, it seems to bland, and full of props to cover that aspect up.

Well how would you go about making this map "Un-Bland", and please next time try to give more constructive criticism in your posts. Instead of just saying "needs some serious work man":thumbup1:

Chilly

L6: Sharp Member
May 3, 2008
Way to prop spam. This map needs some serious work man, it seems to bland, and full of props to cover that aspect up.

A perfect example of a completely useless comment. The only props I really see many of are the logs, which fit the theme of the map perfectly. As for it seeming bland, I think while it could still use some detail work it's far better than trying to cram everything into it like some mappers try to do. Clean and pretty is the way to go with TF2. Next time try providing examples to back up your opinion as well as suggestions for the map.

Jazz

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 9, 2008
WTF Bomb ftw. Can I put that in my map too? I don't want to seem like a copy cat or anything.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
It's a public skin so.. i wouldn't see why not.

And while i don't condone the nature of MrTwoVideoCards post, he is right.

I'll come back with some screen shots edited with some (hopefully) heavily useful construction tips, idea's and thoughts. It'll take me some time to compile them.

treythepunkid

Sep 8, 2008
It's a public skin so.. i wouldn't see why not.

And while i don't condone the nature of MrTwoVideoCards post, he is right.

I'll come back with some screen shots edited with some (hopefully) heavily useful construction tips, idea's and thoughts. It'll take me some time to compile them.

Cool dude that will be helpful. cant wait!:wow:

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
Suggestions.
1-1.jpg

I hope you can see what i mean here, as otherwise suggested a "fire escape" stair case.
2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

treythepunkid

Sep 8, 2008
WOW dude thanks SOOOO much!! Its quite funny because some of the things you have pointed out i have alrighly fixed (such as chicken wire under buildings, and the train). those pictures are a little dated.

grazr

aa
Mar 4, 2008
Then keep us appraised :)

Also, there is a forum thanks feature if you really mean your thanks ;)

I'm not sure about chicken wire under the building, but more the wooden texture you see used in badlands and fastlane, for the bases of buildings.

Chilly

L6: Sharp Member
May 3, 2008
Very nice! Add a few props inside the buildings and some small decals/overlays and I think you've nailed them. The buildings look like they're laid out well, so if you keep the props in the corners, against support beams, and hanging on blank walls it'll look nice without affecting the gameplay. I'm excited to try the map out. :)