WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

deadsource

L3: Member
Jul 11, 2011
Today's progress: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcCTalW367s&feature=youtu.be.
Change log:
  • Expanded the doorways;
  • Added new structures;
  • Added some tiny detail to the blue spawn.

(I don't know if I should make a separate thread for my map. This could happen to be more of an experiment (for myself) than a map meant to be play.)

GPuzzle

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 27, 2012
Too much detailing for an early alpha.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
There's no good reason to do that. You'd have to make a normal quarter-cylinder anyway as a guide, and using a displacement would only make the texturing look worse. Especially on the bottom edge.

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
No, not really, and actually I think you're better off using an arch. But subdiving displacements with guide brushes and then deleting the guides leads to a smoother curve and a better lit surface. Usually.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Fun fact: I found displacement lighting bugs in Frontier the other day, near BLU spawn. I forget when that was last compiled, but it was before we started noticing the bug, wasn't it?

Mar 23, 2010
tarry, add a boat please. i feel like there is a number of places a boat will fit in ferrum and that screenshot has loads of them.

Tarry H Sruman

Large Orphanage Proprietor
aa
Jul 31, 2011
Hammer decided today that Ferrum would be better off without point entities, and, being a paragon of selflessness and courtesy, took the time and effort to delete them all for me. I read in a parenting book once that you should never be angry at your child for something they did wrong if they did it with good intentions, so I sat Hammer down for a stern talking-to, in which I explained that, while I appreciated that it went out of its way to improve my map, I would not tolerate any further tampering with my work. I followed this up with a vicious beating with my studded leather belt and then dug through Hammer's autosave files until I found a functioning one.

Fear not. My work shall continue.

deadsource

L3: Member
Jul 11, 2011
Hammer decided today that Ferrum would be better off without point entities, and, being a paragon of selflessness and courtesy, took the time and effort to delete them all for me. I read in a parenting book once that you should never be angry at your child for something they did wrong if they did it with good intentions, so I sat Hammer down for a stern talking-to, in which I explained that, while I appreciated that it went out of its way to improve my map, I would not tolerate any further tampering with my work. I followed this up with a vicious beating with my studded leather belt and then dug through Hammer's autosave files until I found a functioning one.

Fear not. My work shall continue.

I know that feel', brotha.