Feb 26, 2008
Today's work:
ctficefieldb10000xe5.jpg

ctficefieldb10001iz0.jpg

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
That looks amazing.
Only thing is that the blue side looks a little bit empty.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Looks great, but as Cerious pointed out, it might be a bit too 2fort inspired.

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
I do want it to evoke a 2fort sense. I love 2fort. But of course I don't want it to be exactly like 2fort. I'm using 2fort as the base upon which to build the new environment and its respective building style... I'm flying blind here, and if you have thematic advice/paintovers, go for it- remember: "cold, snowy, desolate forts"

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
Well, why would Blu and Red be in the middle of the arctic/snowy place? Oil mining is a possibility (and you could look at cp_oilfield for reference and inspiration), or a farm area covered in snow is another (which means you should be looking at Granary styled buildings, not 2fort, or a combination of both).

toutfou

L3: Member
Sep 8, 2008

Really nice work guys!

I agree with the earlier comment one member made about the stone wall looking a bit too much like plastic.

Have you considered making them out of some modulated meshes that you can place around the skirtings of buildings, instead of textures? It'd look much much sweeter in 3D.

Feb 14, 2008
I reckon you should put a bit more detailing on those walls at the front of the BLU base as they're a bit plain. The huge concrete structures behind also look a bit dull.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
In your second pic in your last post, the building with the loading dock - delivery hours sign: The texture is way too realistic and detailed. It looks like an HL2 texture.

The rest of the details are very good, btw. I assume the details aren't final, so I won't go ahead and nitpick on everything.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
In your second pic in your last post, the building with the loading dock - delivery hours sign: The texture is way too realistic and detailed. It looks like an HL2 texture.
Its a TF2 texture, very definitely.

Whilst yesterday I said you need way more texture variation on blu's side I think that actually it could help a lot if you simply added something structural to the yellowy corrugated metal building, it looks strange to have such a large surface of that metal without any visual supports or whatever. I don't know what would look right but at the moment its that huge expance of corrugated metal that lets it down.
The nearest cinder block wall with the windows on, also needs something to break up the botom half slightly, but since it's flush with the wall below I don't know what might look good there, perhaps a blu logo or a bunch of those paint patches?

Jan 31, 2008
Like Youme said; it's a colorized (Or de-colorized in this case) TF2 texture.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
I'm excited! I really want to play a detailed version! Take your time, please.

Jan 31, 2008
We'll take our time; we need to make another map or two after Icefield :)

Altaco

L420: High Member
Jul 3, 2008
I still think it'd be really sweet if there was an alternate route underneath the ice. That'd be sweet.