[WIP] Ctf_Cruise

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
set low grav on that springboard, so it looks like its real!

Trigger_push on the tip of the board compined with a point_clientcommand and a trigger_multiple
trigger_push name = board_push
point_clientcommand name = board_command
trigger_multiple output: 'OnStartTouch' | 'board_command' | 'enable' | no parameters | 0:00 delay
trigger_multiple output: 'OnStartTouch' | 'board_push' | 'command' | '+jump' | 0:10 delay (0.1 seconds)
trigger_multiple output: 'OnStartTouch' | 'board_command' | 'disable' | no parameters | 0:80 delay

And hey presto! a diving board

Nosher

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 3, 2008
Nark,

Just ran around your latest Beta version and I must say, it is STUNNING!!

Last time I tried it, you had the Orange boat - now it has a Red and Blue flavour and it works very nicely!!!!

The sea seems a little on the small scale - I would notch up the size 1 of 2 - but one the whole, a very very nice map - and VERY nice brush work....

Good job mate :)
Nosh

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
did you ever released a new version? Where the stairs under the swimming pool are not dev-texture? Because thats the only problem i have found, keep the good work up mate.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

Apr 12, 2008
One of the sides of the door out of a spawn was still dev orange, I think it was only 1 spawn at least.

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
I love the under-swimming pool route. Enabled me as as scout to grab the intel twice in a row even though the swimming pool area was heavily controlled by the opposing team.

Narkissus

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 22, 2008
So, im reviving my map and starting to work more towards a beta 2 release, when its played on gameday id appreciate some feedback on overall what i could do for detail/texture changes. Also maybe post some things you feel dont work. Im still unsure about putting a diving board jump in because i feel it may push it into gimmicky territory.

Things i already know about and have been changed: soundscapes,dev textures.

Overall post summary: Post what you would like to see changed/implemented. Or any ideas about detail work.:)

ps... how would i make the intel not able to go overboard?

Last edited:

AWESOME-O

Mar 20, 2008
I dont think the diving board will push it into gimmicky territory, its just a extra fun thingy

Narkissus

Jan 22, 2008
I wanted to try and make it so the diving board acts like a real one, but youmes suggestions did not do anything and only resulted in bad I/O connections. Anyone got any ideas on how i should do it?

joshman

May 7, 2008
Please add some Healthpacks in the corners of this hallways in the floor right before you get into the intel room. Also add some flags to the flag poles.

Narkissus

Jan 22, 2008
Ok, productive day, got alot of stuff figured out and going on.

First off, got a new stair case that leads to the upper area (Screen 1)

Then went on to further detail red side by adding in a bar area, Screen 2 shows a bar sign that red team has posted their intelligence sign over, also it shows the new cappers i put ontop of the entrances to the lower areas, people cant get up there now, and engies cant build up there which was a balance issue.

Third screen shows the new bar section down under where screen 2 was taken, still alot of detail to go. Need to figure out some potted plants i think.

Also now have a working diving board system. Seems like this could be alot of fun in a game. Also makes it so scouts can now jump off it and then double jump to the upper area.

I have also added some more details to various places, and did alot of texture changes.

The intel can not go overboard anymore as well.

Last edited:

joshman

May 7, 2008
My Ideas for the Map:
Add some Flags onto the Flag Poles
Put some Health Paks Downstairs.
Use Particle effects to make the boilers have fire coming out of them.
I made some TF2-ey Cruise Ship Signs, so i'll send them to you later.