[WIP] Ctf_Cruise

R3dRuM

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
I really don't like the keep out sign to be honest, i think it looks out of place.

Dec 25, 2007
The dead-end there by the lifeboat was annoying -- I would run into it quite often, as the windows lured me in with the promise of somewhere to go. Moving the door into the pool room around the corner like this would help, at the cost of symmetry. Here's a photoshopped screenshot to show you what I mean:

Alternatively, if you got rid of the lower windows here, then the dead end would be useful for sentries and/or spy-cloak-recharging. A dead-end with windows is just bad.

Also, I think the large deck area in the red "base" might make it slightly unbalanced compared to the blu "base". More room for sentries, etc; but also a nice spot on the far side of the windlass where spy can hide completely unseen to charge cloak, etc. This might make the two bases a little uneven.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Liked the map, but as I said in game, I seemed to always turn the wrong way when coming out of the spawn (the more open doorway goes towards friendly intel, not the enemy's). Two signs there maybe, one point towards red, one blue? As I said in game, its also quite possible that I'm just retarded.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
not exactly sure why, but I liked this map more then I did at the last gameday
So...right now letting soldiers go on the roof and essentially camp the spawn rooms seems like a bad idea. The idea of an area only soldiers and demos can reach is always effective, but restricting them from reaching the opponents spawn might help.
My other concern...though perhaps its like this in all maps, when I build a sentry in the pool the sentry is unable to see anyone outside of the water, would be awesome if you could do that.

Nosher

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 3, 2008
Nark,

Mate - I really like this map - I am just dying to see some proper textures on it...

As for a CTF map, it seems a little big - that said, some of the touches are great, including:-

Swimming pool
Being able to get on the roof
The engine rooms at the intel look great!

So, big thumbs up from me - get yer Beta - clothes on!!
Nosh

Narkissus

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 22, 2008
Thanks for the feedback guys, im not sure on what to do with the roof, ill mess with it a bit and try to help not shooting into spawn. And as for being too big, well damn i dont know what to do about that.

Also, i have no idea why the sentries cant shoot out of water, nor do i know how to change that. Ill try making it clear when you go out of spawn what way to go too. I think im going to work on putting back in the bottom route too.

ryodoan

Resident Bum
Nov 2, 2007
Hmm, I would say work on texturing the middle for the next game day and we can try it out again.

We did manage to complete a round in the 30 minutes which is more than I can say for 2fort on most occasions.

Dec 25, 2007
Liked the map, but as I said in game, I seemed to always turn the wrong way when coming out of the spawn (the more open doorway goes towards friendly intel, not the enemy's).

Nope, I tend to do that a lot as well. I believe it's just instinctive that you head toward the opening that you can see straight ahead, which of course leads to the intel.

Would it be possible to fiddle with the layout of the two exits from the spawn "balcony" so that the exit toward the enemy base is the first one you see?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Those textures fyi, for anyone who is interensted, are made by yours truely and are in the downloads section ready for your greasy fingers to start using.

:D

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
cool,
oh i got an great idea, set low grav on that springboard, so it looks like its real!