[WIP] cp_oilrig - approaching beta 5

FLOOR_MASTER

L3: Member
Mar 10, 2008
I thought the pre beta5 that you posted earlier and that I left feedback for was promising. If it's not too much trouble on your end, I would love to see the changes I suggested implemented in some form so we can playtest it. I really couldn't care less about aesthetics at this point - I'm just concerned with gameplay - so don't bother burning up time on polishing it just yet.

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008
I updated the first post with a new alpha version of a new layout - still gravelpit style.

headline_a10_screenshots.jpg

(cp_oilrig_a10.zip | 3.7 MB) .BZ2 file (3.5 MB)

* Update 2009/02/27 - Alpha 10 release for gameplay testing

o new layout (gravelpit style)

Feedback needed:

o gameplay
o path layout
o area sizes & running distances
o ammo & healthkit locations
o respawnwavetimes
o team & class balance

Don't worry about any dark spots or visual glitches you will find, this release is for gameplay testing.

Feedback & suggestions received:
o -

ToDo:

o change layout according to feedback and gameplay tests
o add visual style and details
o more lights
o skybox
o optimization
o soundscape, cubemaps, nobuilds, menu photos

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
B seemed like the most balanced point. I never actually got to A because it got capped almost instantly, but I can't tell you why... sorry. >.>

C definitely needs work, since it's incredibly hard to attack. RED has this big room where they can place Sentries in each corner that cover each other, without the sentries every being in danger of getting killed by a sniper or something. RED also has a very big height advantage - and because BLU is so far below, it's hard to keep track of what's going on above, and thereby very hard to push in with an uber. I also think RED spawns very close to the point, but I can't be sure. Either way, look at Gravel Pit, both teams have a long way to the point! It should be more like that.

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Damn time change. I only got in for the end of the last round. The last point seemed pretty cool, but I don't know about the player clip on the sides. I tried to blast a med over but he just would go. Maybe have some open areas that can be used to blast people and have drowning water outside.
Then in some spots put chainlink fences so it's an obvious boundry. Then demos, scouts, pyros and soldiers can still blast people off, but not everywhere, and it'll be more natural.