Winterstorm

KotH Winterstorm A22

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
Not sure if you've already been told, but your map's custom textures+models haven't been packed in, so it looks like this to downloaders:
koth_winterstorm_a20000.jpg

This should be a pretty easy fix, I would suggest using Vide's packlump editor to just auto scan and patch it up :)
Best of luck!

Boby

L1: Registered
Feb 22, 2022
yea I know but VIDE doesn't pack it correctly for me and I even tried doing it manually and/or multiple times but it still doesn't do it correctly. I tired using compile pal but compile pal just crashes for me. currently I am in contact with one of the compile pal devs trying to resolve the issue with compile pal crashing on lunch .so it will be that way until I don't find a different way of packing it or compile pal fixes it self(or the devs do)
Not sure if you've already been told, but your map's custom textures+models haven't been packed in, so it looks like this to downloaders:

This should be a pretty easy fix, I would suggest using Vide's packlump editor to just auto scan and patch it up :)
Best of luck!

Boby

Feb 22, 2022

Best of luck!
I will maybe try packing it with VIDE one more time just to see if it will work this time idk.

Lacry

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 25, 2019

Lacry

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 25, 2019
as I said above compile pal crashes when I lunch it so yea I can't use compile pal until the devs fix the issue with it
Which version are you using? I have the 27X version and its the version that works better for me, other versions dont work properly for me for some reason.

Boby

Feb 22, 2022
Which version are you using? I have the 27X version and its the version that works better for me, other versions dont work properly for me for some reason.
never mind I tried downloading an older version and it worked. I was using the latest compile pal V28 and tried some older versions like 27 and experimental but still the same and now I tried V25 and it worked. tnx for the help lol

Boby

Feb 22, 2022
Boby updated Winterstorm with a new update entry:

a4 changes

CHANGES

* once again....... hopefully everything is packed this time​

* changed so that death pit kills you instantly now​

* added a new rout behind the waterfall to hopefully make spy's life easier a bit and​

sniper's a bit harder​

* THE NEW AREA !!!(I was a bit lazy so for now here are the screenshots from...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

Boby

Feb 22, 2022
Boby updated Winterstorm with a new update entry:

A7 CHANGES

*simplified lights (made them less warm and more bleak ,removed some props associated with lighting)​

*made map less over scaled (made it smaller and changed layout a bit)​

*added push triggers on top of trees​

*made waterfall/lake cave thing no build zone so that engies can no longer build in water or inside of a waterfall​

*added a signs that point to the waterfalls to make it...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
I might be a little late to the party here, but the little cave flank from behind the waterfall is awesome, really like the idea! And the death pits right by the point is daring.

This map is really coming together well, I few more scaling fixes to polish the gameplay and I could see you getting to a Beta soon.

Boby

Feb 22, 2022
I might be a little late to the party here, but the little cave flank from behind the waterfall is awesome, really like the idea! And the death pits right by the point is daring.

This map is really coming together well, I few more scaling fixes to polish the gameplay and I could see you getting to a Beta soon.
thanks for your support. I am working on a8 now I fixed the scaling a bit and changed some areas it's going to be interesting. hopefully it is finished and ready tomorrow