Wildfire

CTF Wildfire rc

Azazoth!

L1: Registered
Feb 6, 2010
Was playing for the first time today. Interesting map! Just saw two things that I thought you should maybe change. (Especially the "spawning inside a rocket" bit.)

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
ctfwildfirerc0001.jpg

Those doors are cut wrong. That outline is the divider between the door and the jamb, which should not be hinged. Probably should be more like this:

doorstr.jpg

Eyce

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2010
Haven't really read the thread through to see if anybody's told you (hell you might even know), but noticed a few optimisation troubles in the map.

ctfwildfirerc0001.jpg

ctfwildfirerc0003.jpg

That's in the same spot. Also happens underground near those double top secret doors. Shat bricks when a Pyro turned invisible on me for a brief second. >_>

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
To be honest, the mid felt a little chokey both times I've played it. It seemed like a "Spawn, go to mid, die, rise and repeat" situation. Maybe my team just sucked though

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
I had a casual 6v6 ish on the server last night with some guys... first real time I've played so take it with a grain of salt.

Wasn't a huge fan of the tightness of the area at mid with those yellow doors. I know they are there for LOS reasons but getting around them is a bit of a pain. If there's a way to make it a little more roomy there it might be good to do that. It's like a deathtrap if you go in there and meet someone.

I like the rest of mid... and also most of the flag area. The little hut next to the spire is kind of tight too when fighting near it but I don't think it's as bad as that mid spot since it isn't really a main artery.

Didn't use the underground very much, in 6's it's probably not going to be needed as much.

mdawgmike

L1: Registered
Jun 7, 2009
We play-tested this on my community's server tonight (with about 8v8 or so of us there). Overall we were very impressed. It's both aesthetically pleasing and is laid out well to maintain a fast-paced game. The one issue we found is the touch-only flag return. This effectively breaks the game when both teams have a flag in hand, especially with a small group playing. Nobody can cap unless a flag is dropped.

My main suggestion would be to set it up so that you can cap the flag utilizing either method: by taking it back to your base OR by taking it to your team's dropped flag. This would undoubtedly prevent it from turtling during the previously mentioned scenario. Other than that, I just have to say keep up the great work on a great map :D.

Last edited:

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
Regarding the voting thread, I won't bitch about any complaints aimed at the map.

But for the love of god, do not give it a good styling or optimization rating(in relation to gameplay), when these were both clearly not polished... it makes me think you're not actually considering the map very carefully, given the optimization cheats I had to use and the stylistic symmetry between both bases (totally boring).....

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
You made a original theme that looks decent, and fits in tf2. Worth style points in my opinion.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Regarding the voting thread, I won't bitch about any complaints aimed at the map.

But for the love of god, do not give it a good styling or optimization rating(in relation to gameplay), when these were both clearly not polished... it makes me think you're not actually considering the map very carefully, given the optimization cheats I had to use and the stylistic symmetry between both bases (totally boring).....

This post had the exact opposite effect, well played.

:)

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009