Yo Yo Bobby Joe

L1: Registered
Nov 9, 2021
I was curious whether anyone had ever attempted to try this before; if anyone has ever made an animated water refraction texture like this, I would greatly appreciate it if you sent it my way. I plan on using it as a projected texture.
1686884051424.png

Yo Yo Bobby Joe

Nov 9, 2021
So sorry to fill this site with my nonsense. Ten minutes after, I asked on the Discord and learned they're called caustics. Found so many.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
So sorry to fill this site with my nonsense. Ten minutes after, I asked on the Discord and learned they're called caustics. Found so many.
Hey, at least you're posting on the site! Sure, people still upload their maps here and whatnot, but outside of that it's practically a ghost town compared to when I joined back in 2014/2015.

Discord's great, and real ease-of-use (especially for quick questions like yours), but it just can't capture that classic forum magic.

Yo Yo Bobby Joe

Nov 9, 2021
Hey, at least you're posting on the site! Sure, people still upload their maps here and whatnot, but outside of that it's practically a ghost town compared to when I joined back in 2014/2015.

Discord's great, and real ease-of-use (especially for quick questions like yours), but it just can't capture that classic forum magic.
I totally get that. It's especially nice to have the one-on-one here where a thread is focused on the problem you're asking about. In the megathread on Discord, everyone asks over you.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Also there's a caustic texture on this very site, available as an overlay, if that's close to what you're interested in.