Water clipping?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
From my experience the valid water textures are the ones that render from both above and below the brush face plane.

I havn't actually tested this to make sure but i have had water problems similar to this involving textures that havn't had this feature.

The texture Youme had quoted does not render from both sides of the face.. (in hammer). Even though it was actually a purple-y texture in the texture panel.

When placing a water texture try looking for this:

water2.jpg

You can see it being rendered from inside the brush too?

Hopefully that works. We'll find out when you try i guess.

This also makes my previous comments about atleast all purple water textures being valid, woops. I didn't realise. I don't use water that often. I normally just check the two faced feature which is apparent on the purple water textures. Anyway.. hope that helps.

Last edited:

GZS

L1: Registered
Jun 21, 2008
EDIT: Also, don't call your map castle2 (there is a map by vilepickle called cp_castleX [where X is a number] to avoid confusion your map should have a more unique name. You will actually get problems if you call it cp_castle2 since vile has already distributed a cp_castle2)

I had called it castle1, but I messed that one up so bad, I just started again. Now, I'm on to castle3!

I have no idea what I'm going to call the release... just a generic name for now, eh?