video game opinion questionnaire

Apr 19, 2009
Do you enjoy playing video games?
Yes

What consoles have you owned, if any?
N64 Xbox 360 Wii PS3 Nintendo Gamecube, Gameboy colour then Advance the original DS then the lite then the DSi

Approximately how many hours do you play video games, per week?
5-40

Do you have a criminal record?
nope

Do you suffer from mental health issues?
yes but its stuff I have had for my hole life

What are your preferred genres?
FPS, RTS

Do you arange times in advance to play any of your computer games?
Most of it is in the speer of the moment.

Do you pay or have you paid any monthly subscriptions for your games?
No unless you count XBL

Do you pay or have you paid any monthly subscriptions for online play capabilities?
No unless you count XBL

Are you concerned about the influence of computer games of a violent nature?
No

How many video games have you owned that contain scenes of a violent nature?
20ish

How many video games have you played that contain scenes of a violent nature?
Same as above

Are you concerned about the influence of computer games of a sexual nature?
nope

How many video games have you owned that have contained scenes of a sexual nature (explicit to -18's)?
GTA4 (TF2/L4D1/2 if you count the sex sprays)

How many video games have you played that have contained scenes of a sexual nature (explicit to -18's)?
GTA4 (TF2/L4D1/2 if you count the sex sprays)

Are you concerned about the influence of computer games that imply the presence of drugs?
Nope

How many video games have you owned that imply the use of drugs?
GTA4 and L4D1/2

How many video games have you played that imply the use of drugs?
Same as above

Do you believe video games have influenced the development of your personality, and if so, how?
Yes, a fair bit I'd say. More on the side of 2f2f then TF2 itself.

Countries such as Australia and Germany have strict laws on the depiction of violence and sex in video games, many games are banned and re-released as censored versions. Left4Dead2, a post apocalyptic zombie shooter was released in late 2009 by Valve Software and features violent melee combat, limb dismemberment and excessive gore, but has been released without blood and dismemberment to Australia and Germany. What are your opinions on this level of computer game censorship?
As long as they can use the "gift" exploit on steam its the countries problem.

Do you believe video games influence their players?
Yes, GTA4 is like watching a freaking movie.

What are your beliefs regarding such influences?
They influence people but its the people they meet online that makes the biggest difference.

Do you believe individuals spend too much time playing computer games?
Yes/No

What would you consider a reasonable time allocation to video game entertainment?
Like Youme about <25 hours per week

Cornish Gamehen

L1: Registered
Dec 23, 2009
Do you enjoy playing video games?
Yes.

What consoles have you owned, if any?
Gameboy (pocket, colour, advance, sp), Gamecube, DS, Wii, PC.

Approximately how many hours do you play video games, per week?
Depends due to varying amounts of free time. Usually one or two hours a day on a weekday, and several hours a day on weekends.

Do you have a criminal record?
No.

Do you suffer from mental health issues?
No.

What are your preferred genres?
RPG, FPS, Puzzle, Platformers, generally action-based.

Do you arange times in advance to play any of your computer games?
Very rarely I will if I know my day will be divided between free time and being busy. Not an in-depth arrangement in any situation.

Do you pay or have you paid any monthly subscriptions for your games?
I have in the past.

Do you pay or have you paid any monthly subscriptions for online play capabilities?
No.

Are you concerned about the influence of computer games of a violent nature?
To a point, yes. But I believe it is mainly within the person not the game, anything which triggers a negative violent reaction to a videogame.

How many video games have you owned that contain scenes of a violent nature?
Only a handfull, nothing extreme.

How many video games have you played that contain scenes of a violent nature?
Several.

Are you concerned about the influence of computer games of a sexual nature?
I personally don't believe that a videogame is able to influence a person in a sexual nature, unless they are mentally unstable/easily influenced.

How many video games have you owned that have contained scenes of a sexual nature (explicit to -18's)?
None.

How many video games have you played that have contained scenes of a sexual nature (explicit to -18's)?
Maybe one or two that I can't remember. Probably none.

Are you concerned about the influence of computer games that imply the presence of drugs?
Only if it implies that they are positive thing, or takes a central role within the game.

How many video games have you owned that imply the use of drugs?
There are many tongue-in-cheek references, so I couldn't guess. (oktoberfest!!!)

How many video games have you played that imply the use of drugs?
See above answer.

Do you believe video games have influenced the development of your personality, and if so, how?
Probably in a positive way. Anything can affect a person's personality, directly influencial or not.

Countries such as Australia and Germany have strict laws on the depiction of violence and sex in video games, many games are banned and re-released as censored versions. Left4Dead2, a post apocalyptic zombie shooter was released in late 2009 by Valve Software and features violent melee combat, limb dismemberment and excessive gore, but has been released without blood and dismemberment to Australia and Germany. What are your opinions on this level of computer game censorship?
I really think that violence and gore shouldn't exactly be the main focus/selling point of a game, but merely present. In some aspects I would argue against censorship, but in the end, it's the same game.

Do you believe video games influence their players?
Yes, very much so.

What are your beliefs regarding such influences?
They will rarely be negative ones, I believe. Hopefully ideals such as teamwork and a readiness to have fun in life.

Do you believe individuals spend too much time playing computer games?
As long as it doesn't take over social interactions or shun personal functions, no. If it is for fun and not 'I need to play,' it's fair play.

What would you consider a reasonable time allocation to video game entertainment?
Normally a few hours here and there. Depends on free time available to the individual.