Valve News Network TF2 Update News

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by CommodoreKong, Aug 3, 2017.

1. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Tyler from Valve News Network got some of the interview questions that he asked the TF2 team answered in an email yesterday and put them in a video:

A nice summary of the answers from Stroheim on Facepunch.

Tyler did ask a couple of other questions that aren't yet answered but implyed they will be, about if TF2 is going to be ported to Source 2 since Gabe Newell and Doug Lombardi have both basically said that they want all project at Valve on Source 2, how far into the future does the team look/how much of a future do they think TF2 will have and what's the benefit of tiered crates.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. BenCo

BenCo L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Unless some people from the other teams at valve switches to TF2, I sadly can't see source 2 be implemented in TF2. And even if the current TF team would try it, it would take a long time.

3. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's weird because when Uncle Dane visited the TF2 team it sounds like he was pretty much told that TF2 wouldn't be ported to Source 2 but both Gabe Newell and Doug Lombardi have both said on interviews they want everyone on Valve working on Source 2 eventually. I think getting some clarification is a good thing.

4. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    "Want" and "eventually" are extremely loose terms. I wouldn't read into it more than they would prefer if someday they were all on Source 2.

5. Asd417

aa Asd417 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I personally dont see tf2 being updated to source 2 anytime soon. I agree with what Tyler said in his stream: If this update goes well, valve will focus more on tf2 but if it goes bad, than they'll just continue what they are doing now, pushing updates yearly.

6. ics

aa ics http://ics-base.net

Positive Ratings:
    Gabe, Doug and even Erik J have all been very open and talking about Source2. These people who are more of in the top management would like to have everything running on Source2 but the people who work on these games aren't so forthcoming on that. If anyone looked at their faces and what CSGO developers said on those interviews which VNN guy took part of, Source2 is something that might be the goal but implementing that is far, far away. They can take parts of that right now but the full conversion of each game is not in the recent plans.

Get used to regular hammer, don't wait for Source2 one.

• Agree Agree x 1