***Unofficial Texturing Contest 02 Details***

Laz

L420: High Member
Jul 5, 2008
my girlfriends only plays grand turismo with me, she can;t stand games with to bright colors and flashing things, overloads her head or something, to many inputs. kind of rules out all nintendo games, so no mariokart I could beat her in, as she whoops my ass in gran turismo rally these days ... and to think I though her how to drive :(

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Alllright elfworks great job. Too bad you are the only entry so far. Next comp I'll start with a very easy model.
But really great texture there elfworks.

Ok tomorrow evening GMT is the deadline (so probably around 6pm for most of you guys)

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
Totaly missed this thread, shit, mayby i'll just submit my rainbow pump for atleast 2 entry's :)

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
In some of the later contests I might throw my hand in, but for now I cant seem to texture TF2 style for the life of me so I need more practice.

Snipergen

Nov 16, 2007
....Dox mate thats why we make these contests. This is practice!
But yeah maybe this one scares you off. Tuesday a new and easy one I swear.

elfworks

L1: Registered
Jul 2, 2008
Down to the wire...

Great elfworks! Yeah this game has us hooked too I think. Damn you have a girlfriend that plays games? Where do you find those? ^^

Heh, she found me! (And, I've been lucky to keep her around! :) )

Alllright elfworks great job. Too bad you are the only entry so far. Next comp I'll start with a very easy model.
But really great texture there elfworks.

Ok tomorrow evening GMT is the deadline (so probably around 6pm for most of you guys)

Thanks! Having a good model to start with made it easy.

I appreciate all the compliments. I didn't expect such a positive response.

I do look forward to seeing other people's submissions! It'd be great to see how other people interpret the same object. (If it would level the playing field, I'd be glad to upload the greyscale Occlusion map for others to use.)

We've all got to start somewhere. I can't count the number of times I chickened out on doing something - only to regret my decision later.

So, keep those submissions coming!

And, if you think this contest is intimidating, just look at some of the WIP threads. (This guy just went crazy.)

Snipergen

Nov 16, 2007
Congrats to Elfworks. And thank you for your entry.

I hope you stick around for the easier texture comp that starts tomorrow elfworks, I liked this texture and I'd like to see more from you.

Also guys, you kind of pissed me off with this. You begged me to create this model for you, and you ALL would make a skin for it. Now Elfworks is the only man who actually did it. Not cool at all.

And admins, please make the thing under our sigs "competitions won" reality. As promised.

elfworks

Jul 2, 2008
Congrats to Elfworks. And thank you for your entry.

I hope you stick around for the easier texture comp that starts tomorrow elfworks, I liked this texture and I'd like to see more from you.
[/B]

I definitely plan to do more work on TF2 maps. In case you didn't notice, there's a big purple Oil Derrick in the background of some of my images.

You can expect a flood of texturing questions in the next few days. I've got it 95% figured out, but there's a couple of things I'm missing in the process. :)

Also guys, you kind of pissed me off with this. You begged me to create this model for you, and you ALL would make a skin for it. Now Elfworks is the only man who actually did it. Not cool at all.

"Oh, snap!"

And here I thought I was being snarky by goading the other non-entries. I hope they consider themselves properly chastened! :)

"The beatings will continue until the attitude improves!" :)

elfworks

Jul 2, 2008

And admins, please make the thing under our sigs "competitions won" reality. As promised.

My only suggestion is that 'wins' be limited to contests that have more than one entry! (You should only have a winner if there's a contest. It's not like we're voting for the president of Zimbabwe ... :) )