Unofficial Christmas Control Point Gift-a-thon Contest

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
Anything at all is fine, regardless of whether it's from-scratch or derived from Valve resources, so long as you create it or perform the modifications yourself or, if someone else made it, it is available to the public right now (so no enlisting someone else to privately produce for your entry). ;)

Nov 14, 2009
Anything at all is fine, regardless of whether it's from-scratch or derived from Valve resources, so long as you create it or perform the modifications yourself or, if someone else made it, it is available to the public right now (so no enlisting someone else to privately produce for your entry). ;)

There are two things you got wrong there. You can do full collaborations if you want, as well as you cant use copyrighted stuff without the copyright holders permission.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
That's right. I'm fine if you yourself makes the vmt, or if you team up with a pretty cool guy and he makes it for you or whatever, but taking copyrited stuff is no good. I think this applies to decompiling Valve's models and changing them, but not materials because they are already their own source file.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Ho ho ho! It's been a month since Sears put out their Christmas decorations, which means there's only one more month until Christmas!

Sep 1, 2009
We so need an Ultra uba countdown

ricardojvc6

Jun 8, 2009
definatly, I am going to participate this time. xD

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
When and where are we supposed to submit our entries?
Just something to consider.

NINJABreadMan

L1: Registered
Nov 9, 2010
i have a question
if i win first ( not saying i will) instead of a shirt can i choose something else like a hat that is under $20?

Moose

Nov 4, 2009
Win first, ask questions later.

Rexy, you're scaring me. Are you planning to enter the competition at the last minute with some ridiculous new theme that uses like 100 assets created by you?

Anyways, here's egypt in the year 2048 after nuclear winter:
holidaypass0029.jpg

holidaypass0030.jpg

holidaypass0031.jpg

(Fun fact, what remains of both red and blu are android soldiers that fight for no purpose.)

Last edited: