Unofficial Christmas Control Point Gift-a-thon Contest

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
I'm sad but yet relieved with the realization that I won't have time to make my entry into a full map. It was sort of intimidating and now I will just focus on making my control point look good.

No way I'm gonna win but it'll be fun!

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Rexy, you're scaring me. Are you planning to enter the competition at the last minute with some ridiculous new theme that uses like 100 assets created by you?

Anyways, here's egypt in the year 2048 after nuclear winter:
holidaypass0029.jpg

holidaypass0030.jpg

holidaypass0031.jpg

(Fun fact, what remains of both red and blu are android soldiers that fight for no purpose.)

I look at this post once every day or two. I really love this.

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
This might be a stupid question, but those present things that appeared in Halloween update, is there any way one can utilize them?

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
This might be a stupid question, but those present things that appeared in Halloween update, is there any way one can utilize them?

You can use the prop (search for gift or present, I can't remember it's name) but it rotates.

Moose

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 4, 2009

There are a bunch of nice gift models (other than the halloween ones) that you can use, too. If you don't already know that.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009

If you mean having the gift appear in your map, no. That's coded into Team Fortress 2 itself.

Rasputin

Sep 20, 2008
There are a bunch of nice gift models (other than the halloween ones) that you can use, too. If you don't already know that.

Hmm, I looked in the model browser and couldn't find any. Probably just my idiocy, I'll go look again.

No Nerdboy, I was just talking about the model itself.

Thanks guys.

Attsy

Jan 31, 2010
Use the filter, "gib"

Theres 3 different present models, each with 2 skins.
The one from the halloween update is there too, but its drab green and yellow, and always spins.

Also, its robot santa time.

Sep 1, 2009
It was Christmas eve and all though the town there was alot of bloody loud sounds...

koth_entry0000.jpg

never really decided on the scale of that wallpaper. I bet 9000 others have done this theme.

J4CK8

Mar 4, 2009
It was Christmas eve and all though the town there was alot of bloody loud sounds...

never really decided on the scale of that wallpaper. I bet 9000 others have done this theme.

I have pretty much that exact scene in part of my...house...even the shape of the walls is the same :s and the carpet... I'll get a pic up later

I bet 8999 others have done this theme.

EDIT:
I'm not keen on my little raised area that the fireplace sits on, and I've also got different wallpaper :) But upstairs is that red one and is scaled I think 0.15.

Oh hey! Blutarch Clause! ...That's a lot of weapons-I mean gifts

Okristmastree, Okristmastree, I know not of this song...

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2009
My room is quite small....size matters not. I wanted to see how small i could go

koth_entry0008.jpg

Mar 23, 2010
really liking these entries. got me in the christmas spirit :)

Rasputin

Sep 20, 2008
I'm going for an outdoor scene, with two opposing Christmas trees in the middle of a string of Christmas lights strung between them and a train with cargo of presents, an apartment building with a Christmas dinner scene, a factory space with a Christmas tree in the middle and some false buildings as decoration.

Yeah, there is no way I'm getting this done.

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
I must say that although indoor Christmas is great, freezing to death outside could be even nicer. :)
So here's what conjured up:

Snowy_night_2.jpg

J4CK8

Mar 4, 2009
I do have a rather large outdoor area, but I'm not great with displacements so it's kinda meh. And also, Blutarch Clause isn't in the house. When it comes to testing these maps, you're gonna have to go find the intel :)

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
5 1/2 hours in Hammer today got me here:

holidaypl776420001.jpg

Yep, manor theme again... :p Not meant to be a house this time though.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
As the contest nears a close, I'll be writing a short legal notice that I'll link here in the thread. Here's some stuff it'll include:
  • Qualification for either prize
  • Where this money is coming from
  • A more in depth explanation of community voting
  • Me not contacting my lawyer