[TUTORIAL] Making a cool 3d skybox.

Eternal

L69: Deviant Member
Jul 8, 2009
Is it possible to make multiple 3d skyboxes and have different sections of the map connected to different skyboxes?

Say for instance you have 2 sections of a payload map and you want the 2nd section to give the illusion of being somewhere else entirely could you do that? Or would you need to basically just create walls seperating different sections of the 3dskybox to block off the view of stuff from the previous section and create the illusion of two different locations.

CyberZombie88

L1: Registered
Apr 21, 2009
i have a problem :p. the sky box worked but i added a hill and the slab of land it is specifically in is on the wall (I.E. See able through the wall but in a miniature form) can any one help?

Eternal

L69: Deviant Member
Jul 8, 2009
I'm not entirely certain I understand your problem, but could it be that your skybox is not exactly 1/16th scale so the part that is too small is interfearing with the map itself?

Forgive me if I misunderstand I also am new to map making and have not set up 3d skyboxes yet but I thought I could try and think of potential problems you may have not thought of. <.<

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
That happened to me too, IIRC it was a leak. compile and load a point file and check.

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
AH, I assume you know compile. Press f9 for that. Then when you are in hammer, go to the tool bar and select Map > Load Pointfile. You will see a red line that leads to a leak in your map. Just need to repeat and fix until all the leaks are gone, which is annoyingly tedious >_<

CyberZombie88

L1: Registered
Apr 21, 2009
Tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
you <3

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
The images have died; here is an Imgur album with them all in the order they were. Uh, just in case.