tr_towers

TR tr_towers a2.3

Cynder loves Portal

L420: High Member
Jan 9, 2016
I'm still learning hammer. It'll take some time to learn the ropes.

Give me some slack for princess_celestia_by_shaynellelps-d9oq2ij.png 's sake!

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Judging by the screenshots (namely the funky, weirdly-dark lighting on the ceilings), your map has a leak. Next time you compile your map, look for '**** leaked ****' errors, and copy the co-ordinates that show up into Hammer to find it.
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Leak

Cynder loves Portal

Jan 9, 2016
Judging by the screenshots (namely the funky, weirdly-dark lighting on the ceilings), your map has a leak. Next time you compile your map, look for '**** leaked ****' errors, and copy the co-ordinates that show up into Hammer to find it.
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Leak

I check for errors and leaks before I upload it to here. The screenshots are version A1.

Cynder loves Portal

Jan 9, 2016
I've just finished doing a leak search.... 5 small leaks!!

I thought I got them all. I've plugged them all now. I will upload the updated bsp soon.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
See? If someone tells you there is a leak, and you claim you've checked well, one of you gotta be wrong.
Good job on that, hope you fix em all but a piece of advise: make your brushwork clean and good to prevent leaks, and even if there are, to catch them all.

Cynder loves Portal

Jan 9, 2016
I do try my best. Some are sneaky buggers to find.

1 hammer unit can make a leak. wtb?

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
I do try my best. Some are sneaky buggers to find.

1 hammer unit can make a leak. wtb?
You should work on a bigger grid size, such as 16. That why you won't have messy brushwork that can cause issues like this small, hard to find, 1 unit leaks.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Small gaps are not hard to find because they look thicker that actual editor's lines.

Cynder loves Portal

Jan 9, 2016
You should work on a bigger grid size, such as 16. That why you won't have messy brushwork that can cause issues like this small, hard to find, 1 unit leaks.
Thx for the tip. I'll try that in future