Tidal

CP Tidal rc

Citizen Snips

L3: Member
Apr 8, 2010
I can't tell you how many times I've tried to run across it to get to the next cap, only to hit a dead end and feel like an idiot.

It's counter-productive to the game flow.

heyo

L2: Junior Member
May 14, 2008
I can't tell you how many times I've tried to run across it to get to the next cap, only to hit a dead end and feel like an idiot.

It's counter-productive to the game flow.

I have to disagree with you about the bridge.

The purpose of it is to add some depth to combat in that area. While it may be pointless for travel to the second point, it makes the space more interesting to fight in. For instance, defenders of mid can stand on the bridge and shoot down at people coming in from both sides of the alley.

Also when you're approaching to attack the center point, you have more of a dynamic space. If I was to remove the bridge it would feel a bit too restrictive, like you're locked to hugging the side of the building. It would be removing the choice to take the safer but longer path up the stairs and across the bridge.

I don't really feel like it's much of a surprise either that it's a dead end on the opposite side. I mean you can see that there is no doorway into the building on the other side before you decide to cross. Maybe an arrow directing players the opposite direction of the detail-door would help. It's not frustrating to most players because they can see the other side and know there's no path through.

Citizen Snips

Apr 8, 2010
I have never seen any players take that bridge across when attacking the center point. Ever.

Because, naturally, the eyes are drawn to either the stairs hugging the wall or the underpass that leads to the side buildings.

And defenders shouldn't be defending "around the point"; they should be defending the actual point. The surrounding buildings do a great job at that, as they provide a high vantage point while only covering the cap, so that they can't snipe down anyone who approaches from a mile away.

Nobody ever fights on that bridge; it's always on the surrounding mainland, because that's what feels natural. The bridge just feels like a waste of space.

The map would flow much better if the bridge was either deleted, or actually had some purpose of movement into the later parts of the map.

Mar 23, 2010
I think the bridge is fine. Seems pointless, but it actually adds a lot to the map. if you don't see the bridge leads to nowhere when you are about to take it.........

Citizen Snips

Apr 8, 2010
But that's part of the problem; when you're heading down it, you don't know if there's a doorway next to it. I mean, why would be there be a bridge unless something's on the other side?

But there's not. It's pointless and distracting.

heyo

L2: Junior Member
May 14, 2008
Just updated to version 4, it's only minor stuff though. I think this is the final version.

I fixed how projectiles could travel over buildings. Also changed around a few textures that I didn't like the look of.

waxpax

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 25, 2011
We pugged the new version of you map earlier in the evening, it was pretty fun. Here's the stv, if you're interested at all. I'm not sure there was really any criticism on anything in the map, last might still take a little too long to cap, but it's not ridiculously long like it was in v3.

http://www.mediafire.com/?d5tkvzjdrox2i5q

bradboy_bimbus

L1: Registered
Feb 16, 2013
My clan tried out this map recently. Loved the open spaces and that bridge off in the distance, the gameplay of the map was really fun. However, I would suggest adding more routes coming out of the final point spawn area, we got spammed at a few times in there.

:bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: :bored: