THREAD ABOUT VIDYA GAMES THAT YOU WANT aka empty wallets 2011

Exist

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2009
Brink: reallllllllly want this. Fan of parkour
ANY Professor Layton game: I love the story line these games set.
Portal2: again, gotta love it

And the top on my list...

SPIRAL KNIGHTS

SK is the newest game from Three Rings, one of my all time favorite companies. They created Puzzle Pirates, Bang Howdy, and Whirled. So, I have high hopes for SK. SK is cooperative dungeon crawler based around a clock. Hopefully, it will be released over steam but is un likely since Three Rings writes in Java. Anyway, looking forward to this one the most, 4.4.11

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
Ah, I forgot about Dear Esther. That looks like an amazing game.

Aug 10, 2009
Meh if Dear Esther is more than $5 I probably won't buy it.

I'm excited for Brink (ofc), Portal 2 (tbh I'm actually not that psyched, I just got it because I like the game but I don't worship it, and because of the new source possibilities), but that's pretty much it.

I pre-ordered Homefront, so I can give a little review here:

SP is very short, and kind of cool, but it feels like a hollywood movie, and it took me 3.5h to finish, taking my time (HL2 took about 14 hours at that pace). The multiplayer strikes a flaw in my humanity or something because I'm hooked, but it's not that fun :O. It's kind of like COD in that the highs are high and the lows are low.

Lows: You die really quickly, really really quickly. In one gametype, it's like BFBC2 push meets 5CP. You push forward to a new set of CPs but you can get pushed back. The problem is the boundary doesn't move for the defenders, so they can get behind you and rape. Also, the game's really campy right now. I mean like massive sightlines, poor optimization (I usually run games on highest settings, now I'm on the lowest possible), and people love to hide behind rocks and in bushes with snipers.

Highs: There's a cool killstreak system, and killstreaks attract attention from enemies, some are even shown your location. Weapons are fun, and there are a ton of unlockables. Also, the perk system is pretty cool.

ALSO, Metro 2033 came free with the preorder, but it's a fantastic game and I'm loving it.

Finally, looking forward to RAGE from Id. The level editor is king of any one's I've seen so far, so super psyched.

Mar 23, 2010
brink looks okay, maybe high powered assault rifles and annoying one-hit kills can be notthatterrible. ill probably only be buying portal 2 and hopefully loving it.;)

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
Brink: reallllllllly want this. Fan of parkour
ANY Professor Layton game: I love the story line these games set.
Portal2: again, gotta love it

And the top on my list...

SPIRAL KNIGHTS

SK is the newest game from Three Rings, one of my all time favorite companies. They created Puzzle Pirates, Bang Howdy, and Whirled. So, I have high hopes for SK. SK is cooperative dungeon crawler based around a clock. Hopefully, it will be released over steam but is un likely since Three Rings writes in Java. Anyway, looking forward to this one the most, 4.4.11

Oh, I remember Whirled! That's from the guys who made Mac Hall back then right?

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
Only games that seem interesting for me are:

Dear Esther.
Portal 2
Mass Effect 3
Brink
From Dust (If it gets relased this year, unsure about that)
DNF (For nostalgia)

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
I vowed to get mass effect 3, yay!

Anyways late friday night I thought it was a good idea to buy crysis 2, here are my thoughts

The singleplayer: Actually good. I don't know about anyone else, but I actually enjoyed the previous crysis sp games, and I enjoyed this one too. It was sort of linear, but in the sense that you actually had different ways to complete a various task. I think the number of cutscenes where it takes control of the player could've been toned down. Definitely going to play it again sometime

The multiplayer: Uninspired poopoo.

If you don't enjoy the CoD series, you won't like it.
If you enjoy the CoD series, you won't like it. It's Cod minus some stuff plus the crysis suit. Everyone is always cloaked and it's another "who-sees-who-first" shooter.

Crytek said they'd release the editor this summer. >:O

I'd say the game is worth 30-40 dollars imo