The Novint Falcon has landed!

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
I tried a straight plug adapter like you use for charging up electric shavers and it didn't work. I emailed Novint and the guy confirmed that I was using the right adapter and that it was possible that the power supply was simply faulty. So I've just emailed him back with shipping info so they can send me a new power supply.

Curses!

Feb 14, 2008
3 pin plugs are much less likely to fall out, and have an earth wire.

i.e. lolol americawns gonna get zapped

Dec 25, 2007
Read the fine print on the power supply, make sure it’s not requiring the anæmic 110V they use over there, but supports a manly 230V.

Or if you’re Saxton Hale, you’ll plug it into a 24,000V supply, because anything less is for cowards.

Dec 25, 2007
Like a man with GAS FUELED FIRE. Electric heating is for wimps.
I don't know about you, but unless I've eaten a truckload of beans, I don't have enough gas to heat anything much!

Good thing this is the Off Topic forum, because we're going off topic at a rate of knots!

Feb 14, 2008
We use gas. We have this HUGE things everywhere full of it. HUGE!!

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
My fire is powered by COAL. The fossilized remains of the MIGHTIEST TREES in all of prehistory

We use GAS. The fossilized remains of the MIGHTIEST AIR in all of prehistory.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Screw you all. I burn diesel, a product made from the MIGHTIEST CREATURES (LAWLASUARUS REX and friends) in the entire history of the planet.

Consider that.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Silly rest of the world not conforming to our standards!

:p

Fuckit, that isn't conforming to my standards and I'm not even from the same country!

I will now complain until the fabric of reality shifts itself to be more convenient to me.

FYI I carve, so through god (apparently) I slay the MIGHTIEST KITTENS in the entire universe. SUCKIT DOWN I USE AN OMNIPOTENT OMNISCIENT DEITY, BITCHES.

Last edited:

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Go back to school. Or try a different education system.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Technically he's right. Before photosynthesis there was plenty of "might gas", in CO2 form.

Durr, you shouldn't have samples so many substances in your science classes. :p

Dec 25, 2007
So, Psy, how's your experience of the Falcon going? Did you get the pistol grip for it too?

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Well, aside from the fact that I can't use it due to the faulty power supply I have to say this. It's huge. For me it's impossible to place the Falcon on the desk without having to move the mouse and mousepad to another location. Now I have a corner desk so the amount of room I have is limited so if anybody is thinking of getting one, make sure you have a large enough desk because you're gonna need one!

Dec 25, 2007
Could you take a photo of it next to your keyboard or something to show how big it actually is? Because it looks quite small in the promotional materials.

Dec 25, 2007