The Novint Falcon has landed!

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
A month and a £22 customs charge later and my Novint Falcon has finally arrived. Hurrah! :D

It came in this fairly ordinary cardboard box but - my god - it's bigger and heavier then I imagined it to be!

After the initial surprise I use my trusty scissors to remove the tape and reveal the innards.

Upon lifting the lid I was presented with a short guide about the Falcon on a piece of A4 which I quickly read whilst the cat was enjoying the wonders of the giant cardboard box.

Then I removed the contents of the box whilst making a great big mess with the polystyrene.

Inside we have 2 grips (the standard ball and the pistol), a packet containing software and drivers, the power supply, and, of course, the Novint Falcon itself which is a right hefty bugger of a thing.

Anyway, I set it up with my compu - wait - what's this?

oh-this-is-bad.jpg

us_plug.jpg

A 2-pin plug? But I live in the UK! We have 3-pins!

OH! THIS IS BAD!

To be continued...

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Customs charges? ahh crap that could cause a hell of a lot of problems getting my Uni's halls to accept it.

:/

notes to self:
-buy plug adapter
-inform halls that they're likely to have to pay on my behalf.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
we should probably bring our 2 pin culture to you with a nice drone missile :)

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
2 pins are better anyway. You should conform with us.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Where's the earth connection with two pins? you're all gunna get fried by faulty equipment.

Also, we have a safe hole to jab pens into in our sockets :D

Sel

Banned
Feb 18, 2009
2 pins are better anyway. You should conform with us.

I was under the impression we used both.

I'm not sure what the reasoning is, but I bet it has something to do with the relatively small amount of current the damn thing would use :\

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009
Where's the earth connection with two pins? you're all gunna get fried by faulty equipment.

Also, we have a safe hole to jab pens into in our sockets :D

Who needs a ground on a small appliance?

I was under the impression we used both.

I'm not sure what the reasoning is, but I bet it has something to do with the relatively small amount of current the damn thing would use :\

English 3 pin is different than American 3 pin. You don't use it on small things because not all sockets have a ground plug.

lana

aa
Sep 28, 2009
Oh so that's what the corporate scandal is.