The Mayann Project

Diva Dan

hello!
aa
Mar 20, 2016
wow, that layout looks really interesting! Also, I thought about making mine nighttime as well, or at least dusk. The red color of a sunset would work nicely with the green foliage I think. Good luck!

Beenut

L1: Registered
Dec 18, 2015
f314b1c1cdfd86c4972624121521520d.png
i got this thing going... it'll most probably end into the rocket zone equivalent of a special delivery map that ill build around... maybe. (the orange would be a statue that rises out of the ground when you got the intel which will probably be some golden idol thing like in Indiana Jones)

Whomobile

L2: Junior Member
Feb 28, 2016
Ayy I see a lot of people doing the Indiana Jones thing with Doomsday, Myself included

I had a go at making a working bolder with some physics stuff to see how it would work. (apologizes for potato quality, I'm stuck using motherboard graphics while I wait for a new graphics card).

I know it's going the wrong way but's it's mainly me dicking around with hammer at this point.

If I do go further with this concept I'll make it a prop moving along a path instead of a physics brush.

Beenut

Dec 18, 2015
Ayy I see a lot of people doing the Indiana Jones thing with Doomsday, Myself included

I had a go at making a working bolder with some physics stuff to see how it would work. (apologizes for potato quality, I'm stuck using motherboard graphics while I wait for a new graphics card).

I know it's going the wrong way but's it's mainly me dicking around with hammer at this point.

If I do go further with this concept I'll make it a prop moving along a path instead of a physics brush.
that is quite the achievement lad ;) do you think that as a physics, we could make it dissapear at some point or would that be more apropriate to do with the prop along the path?

Whomobile

L2: Junior Member
Feb 28, 2016
that is quite the achievement lad ;) do you think that as a physics, we could make it dissapear at some point or would that be more apropriate to do with the prop along the path?

Well what I have going there is a simple trigger_teleport at the bottom that takes the bolder back to the top.

I don' think you'll want the final one to be physics based because all sorts of nasty things could happen (multiplayer problems, bolder might get pushed off or go in the wrong direction, general randomness/glitchyness of physics).

Beenut

Dec 18, 2015
good point... i might still use the concept of the physics though with smaller bolders and see if i can make them dissapear after a delay or after colision. if not i might just rely on needles :p although im definitly sure someone (or you maybe) is gonna use that on a KotH map with it falling on the point.

LadyRaee

CHEERFULLY SUICIDAL
Sep 1, 2012
So, as people are posting their mayan WIPs here I'll post an update on mine
[···]
I'm definitely going to work a bit on lighting and change the skybox, but I'm keeping it night-time. Maybe someone makes a night jungle skybox some day.
[···]
!gf too dark

CriminalBunny

Lasers are just deadly rainbows
aa
Oct 11, 2013
!gf too dark
As I can see, it's much darker than most of TF2 maps, which can make player recognition harder than it's supposed to be. Make it brigher, maybe?

I tried to change the skybox, but neither sky_night_01 nor sky_nightfall_01 seemed to look good. And I'm not going to use a halloween skybox either. So I'm sticking with Logan McCloud's night_mountain for now. Maybe I'll ask for a custom night-jungle one if the map succeeds.

Anyway, I've done a few tweaks to some light entities (and added 2 more just in case) and ran around to check if I could see my and bot 01's team color:
aZ9lgWe.jpg

GeyOBa6.jpg

1FPfSbT.jpg

maol9AD.jpg

l9kEl11.jpg

(Inside the tower)
Overall, I think the lighting is fine. I'd test it with this light settings and see if people can tell teammates from enemies apart

Beenut

Dec 18, 2015
I tried to change the skybox, but neither sky_night_01 nor sky_nightfall_01 seemed to look good. And I'm not going to use a halloween skybox either. So I'm sticking with Logan McCloud's night_mountain for now. Maybe I'll ask for a custom night-jungle one if the map succeeds.

Anyway, I've done a few tweaks to some light entities (and added 2 more just in case) and ran around to check if I could see my and bot 01's team color:
aZ9lgWe.jpg

GeyOBa6.jpg

1FPfSbT.jpg

maol9AD.jpg

l9kEl11.jpg

(Inside the tower)
Overall, I think the lighting is fine. I'd test it with this light settings and see if people can tell teammates from enemies apart
for me i think the lighting is beautiful and for now its decently easy to tell apart red from blue so unless during gameplay its too ahrd id say keep it like that :p

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
Last edited:

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
I mostly care of those amazing temple textures which I don't see here. Either I am blind, you did not include them to screenshot or you don't have them in the pack.

by which you mean "thank you rav, that's really helpful!", right?

aZ9lgWe.jpg

GeyOBa6.jpg

1FPfSbT.jpg

maol9AD.jpg

l9kEl11.jpg

(Inside the tower)

I disagree, i think those are still far, far too dark - and noticably orange-tinted, which doesnt help.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
by which you mean "thank you rav, that's really helpful!", right?
wait, you say I must thank him for what we have?
I did, there is actually a thank button. In the message, I wrote what I'd want it also to be.

Snowbat

L4: Comfortable Member
Apr 23, 2013
I might want to check those assets out. The borneo trees look lovely, but this might fit my map better.