The "I just got a hat" celebration thread

Dec 25, 2007

Velvet Fro, Iron Glove? The result of crafting 27 scrap metal.

Dr. KillPatient

L3: Member
May 10, 2009
Valve takes away items for being on idle servers?
Thought they only did it for external idling.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
Opposite of celebration

Crafted 3 refined metal last night to get a hatless engy. I already have the ten gallon hat.

Crafted hatless engy with a hat i didn't want, pyro beanie. i have the rubber glove

In rage, i idled and i got another ten gallon. Crafted that with pyro beanie to get hatless scout

:c

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
Just crafted this, don't really want it.

Finally make my first hat and it's not one I wanted... Should have waited for another 27 craftable items so I could at least get one for a class I wanted.

Anyone know if sitting in spectator to idle works anymore? I don't want to run my class time up. :/

it still works. It is just that there is a bit of delay before you get the items. Like sometime you need to restart tf2 to get the items.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
Opposite of celebration

Crafted 3 refined metal last night to get a hatless engy. I already have the ten gallon hat.

Crafted hatless engy with a hat i didn't want, pyro beanie. i have the rubber glove

In rage, i idled and i got another ten gallon. Crafted that with pyro beanie to get hatless scout

:c

Thats why i wont craft any hats without using a class token :D

it still works. It is just that there is a bit of delay before you get the items. Like sometime you need to restart tf2 to get the items.

You can only find items after you died, maybe its that.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
You don't get items if the server is instant respawn (i.e. most idle servers). The found item dialog comes up when you transfer to spec (waiting to respawn), which never officially happens in instant respawn.

Sep 12, 2008
I crafted my billycock and yellow belt...
Into..

An Ushanka.
But I already have a football helmet! :|

Flying Chicken

L69: Deviant Member
Nov 26, 2009

They haven't to anyone that I know of.

I haven't idled, but they took away the 7 hats I had (including the Halo, but I don't care that thing sucked.) E-mailed Robin, and if he claims I never got the hats I'm quitting TF2 forever.

Dec 25, 2007

No, they don't. With the first update after crafting, there was a bit of a glitch which deleted some crafted items (I lost a refined metal and a couple of scrap metal).

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
Found Vintage Tyrolean! :D

Edit:100th post(finally)

Flying Chicken

L69: Deviant Member
Nov 26, 2009
Woot, I'm happy now

After going through all the items I lost and updating the steam support ticket with them, I came back into the game to find a Gleggary Bonnet (Demo's best hat, imo.)

The Gentlemanne

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 18, 2009
Woot, I'm happy now

After going through all the items I lost and updating the steam support ticket with them, I came back into the game to find a Gleggary Bonnet (Demo's best hat, imo.)

Fro's better.

Dec 25, 2007
My hat story:

After months and months and months of no hats, I got the Football Helmet as a random drop. Shortly after that I got Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative.

Not being a big fan of either, as soon as crafting came in, I crafted the two together, and the result was Master's Yellow Belt, which is quite good.

Then I crafted all my spare weapons together, and eventually made enough metal to craft a random hat: which was the Demoman's Fro. Pretty sweet, yeah? Then I got the Soldier's Stash as a random drop, which I quite like, although least of all the soldier's hats.

But I thought, you know, there's hats I want more. So I crafted together the Stash and the Fro, and got the Texas Ten Gallon. Now, I don't like that hat; if I ranked them all it'd probably be second-lowest. Since I still had two hats, I decided to try my luck once more, and crafted together the Ten Gallon and the Yellow Belt.

I got the Batter's Helmet. Probably the worst hat in the whole game.

Now I am sad.

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
My hat story:

After months and months and months of no hats, I finaly found the Gunboats today...:(

That is all

Cornish Gamehen

L1: Registered
Dec 23, 2009
After two months and no hats, I had enough refined metal to make a hat (giving up a few items since my item find rate had literally dried up this week) and got a mining light. Not too bad, I'll probably aim for a pyro's hat next, since he's the only class I like all the hats for.