TF2Maps.net Mini-contest: April fools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
We had a joke gameday last year for those who missed it. It is the origin of the now infamous foolsgrid.

Other highlights from that include:
  • Billiards (extremely nice looking too!)
  • Skaterink (an oldie, but a goodie)
  • Aquapump, where the control point is slowly sinking into the water
  • Non medival degroot keep
  • Badwater (rainy), entire map is flooded and most of it is covered by water. Including the spawns.
  • weed, a two cp A/D map where the last cp is captured by standing on a giant joint while being dizy.
Wait, which Billiards was it? Because there's been a map around by that name since forever ago, and I wouldn't call it "extremely nice looking".

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
I have no idea who made the map. But it had a nice 3d skybox that actually tracked the score of the game.

XionGaTaosenai

L1: Registered
Jun 23, 2012
After remembering the flooded Badwater Basin last year, I kind of want to see a flooded version of Mr. Blob's PL_Hoist, just so that we can name it PL_Moist.

Mar 20, 2012
Bleh. I read it as 'no custom content' and thought it was some elaborate plot to encourage strange uses of geometry (like the tunnel assignment frenzy).

Nevermind, awesome. :]

Belli

L69: Deviant Member
Jan 21, 2012
Hmm....

M.C. Escher map?

CTF orange with pyrovision?

A payload that just keeps going in a circle and explodes into sillygibs?

So many possibilities...

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Well, I don't think you mentioned any plans for a contest. Eh, in the end we just load up the server with strange stuff and have a blast for a while. Doesn't really matter if there is a contest attached or not.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
You say that like they aren't the one and the same. We will just load up the server with odd maps and have a blast for a few days. The contest will not matter, we are just going to play odd maps, some of which are contest entries.

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
he knows henke, I'll make a event thread soon so people know what thr rules are for my event and how the contest doesn't need to be followed to run in it and etc. Hopefully Tech turns back up so I can talk to him about this more.

Harribo

aa
Nov 1, 2009
so Tech isn't supporting with prizes anymore so i'm closing this thread and making a new one on the april fool's event but in the events section, i'll update with a link when it's up

Link to Event thread:
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=21006

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.