grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
That's just...awesome. Thanks, PC Gamer!

A new flow of people would not hurt anyone. Unless they're complete idiots (there will always be a few, I guess), tons of potential new members to the site is definitely some of the best news we can get.

Zanpa

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 17, 2009
:lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol: :laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh:

Speed mapping contest anyone ?
Two hours, a full playable map, not dev textures. Something like 2-cp with BLU attacking.
This would be fun, though absolutely not useful to learn how to map well.

Toughsox

L1: Registered
Oct 31, 2008
You should all be very proud. Well done indeed. :)

Walliard

L1: Registered
Jan 5, 2009
Speed mapping contest anyone ?
Two hours, a full playable map, not dev textures. Something like 2-cp with BLU attacking.
This would be fun, though absolutely not useful to learn how to map well.

Neither is the Notepad contest.

I thoroughly support this notion.

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
man your battle stations! Batten down the hatches! Prepare for an influx of newbies!

hai guys! Kay so i wanna maek a map but when i make spawn and test there is no skybox how do i get skybox? Help plz

EDIT: My Beautiful All-Caps! It's gone! What treachery is this?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I wonder how good of maps you could get in only 2 hours, being the first 2 hours you have ever mapped.

Without someone telling you what to do. A square box in fullbright with missalligned textures, probably.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Without someone telling you what to do. A square box in fullbright with missalligned textures, probably.

This man is psychic or something. (At least I managed to texture my fullbright box with TF2 textures though.)

WastedMeerkat

L3: Member
Aug 15, 2009
My first map in the Source engine consisted of 2 walls and a floor, no skybox or entities. I kept wondering why I spawned and just kept falling and everything looked screwed up. Then I went to my most trusted consultant, Google.

Smashman

L3: Member
Mar 14, 2009
My first map in the Source engine consisted of 2 walls and a floor, no skybox or entities. I kept wondering why I spawned and just kept falling and everything looked screwed up. Then I went to my most trusted consultant, Google.

And then he got wasted...

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
Maybe for the guys who have a somewhat complex understanding of Hammer, for the people eager to map after reading the article, maybe to produce something of equal standards... 2 months?