TF2Maps.net Major Mapping Contest #10: A Tale of Two Skillsets

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
I gave up, unfortunately. Loosing hours of work all at once, I just couldn't cope with having to redo everything.

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
I've noticed a lot of people not knowing that the contest ends tomorrow, even though we posted those announcements about it. I think having an easily accessible timer to the end of the contest could have been beneficial, like what we had for the winter 72 hour contest. Kinda late to think of it again, but for future reference.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
I've noticed a lot of people not knowing that the contest ends tomorrow, even though we posted those announcements about it. I think having an easily accessible timer to the end of the contest could have been beneficial, like what we had for the winter 72 hour contest. Kinda late to think of it again, but for future reference.

Fully Agree. Big Fault done on my part, it would've been easier for entrants if there was one.

That being said, there is certain level that I have to hold possible entrants to. They too are responsible for knowing when things are due, especially when they are noted in the respected posts and have been there for months.

(Also, because of stuff going around around my place, I thought today was tomorrow, hence the mis-timed announcement late last night)

(2Edits)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2010
First place from both phases will receive $20 on Steam from me. I mentioned it to Frozen awhile back, but he never added it to the original post. Just wanted to post it here so I was accountable. :p

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I thought something seemed off about that map. Still can't put my finger on what it was, though.

radarhead

Basically? Kind of a Huge Mess
aa
Mar 6, 2013
koth_swampwater has been disqualified from phase 2 for layout changes that extremely affect gameplay. All points given to the map are now null.

If you feel like a map has made big changes compared to the original, please make sure to report it to me either on Steam PM or forum PM.

I thought Fantasmos's change seemed interesting. And we already have so few maps entered...

Fantaboi

Gone and one day forgotten
aa
Mar 11, 2013
I thought Fantasmos's change seemed interesting. And we already have so few maps entered...

Change wasn't in the contest rules man, sorry for not double-checking I did it right.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
When are we going to get the results of part 1? Or is that at the same time as part 2?