TF2 crashes when trying to load my map

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
VBSP is failing horribly at some point, it's not even finishing its stage of the compile process. What VVIS and VRAD then do is take is your last version of the map that did compile and present it as an "updated" map even though it isn't. That's why the physics usage is still at 112%: it's still using the old bsp.

I suggest you do what Killohurtz told you to do a couple of post above: fix leaks, to-world displacements, fix the areaportal errors, the whole lot. All of those will cause a compile to fail causing VVIS and VRAD to use the old version and just recompile the vis and lighting data.

Get rid of the compile-crashing errors first, then worry about fixing the physics errors (also stated above on how to fix those by Werewolf and Crowbar).

Captain gingerbread

L1: Registered
Sep 27, 2016
I fixed it, I folowed the steps Kilohurtz told me. But when I solved all of the problems it was still giving the error :
displacement found on a(n) func_brush entity. All I had to do is Ctrl + c and paste it in a new map file. Thanks for all you help, you da real mvp

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
That means there's still a displacement somewhere which is tied to an entity. Unless something broke horribly in the vmf, only then will copy-pasting the map into a new vmf work.

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
I fixed it, I folowed the steps Kilohurtz told me. But when I solved all of the problems it was still giving the error :
displacement found on a(n) func_brush entity. All I had to do is Ctrl + c and paste it in a new map file. Thanks for all you help, you da real mvp
Really all you had to do was select any displacements, then click 'To World'

kUFak0Q.png