Team Fortress 2 Update Released

tf2.com

L13: Stunning Member
Jun 16, 2010
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

• Happy Smissmas 2017!
      • All players who play TF2 during the event will receive a Stuffed Stocking as a gift! Stockings contain goodies for good little Mercenaries.
        • Event runs through January 10th, 2018
      • Added the Winter 2017 War Paint Case
        • Contains 15 new community-contributed War Paints
        • Randomly dropped for players who have activated a Jungle Inferno Campaign Pass
      • Added the Winter 2017 Cosmetic Case
        • Contains 20 new community-contributed items
        • The Festivizer can be found as a bonus drop when opening the case
      • Added 6 new community-contributed taunts to the Mann Co. Store
        • Taunt: The Skating Scorcher
        • Taunt: The Bunnyhopper
        • Taunt: Runner's Rhythm
        • Taunt: Luxury Lounge
        • Taunt: Surgeon's Squeezebox
        • Taunt: The Trackman's Touchdown
      • Expanded the list of weapons that can be Festivized!
        • Ubersaw, Dragon's Fury, Amputator, Air Strike, Back Scratcher, Scotsman's Skullcutter, Bazaar Bargain, Black Box, Claidheamh Mòr, Crusader's Crossbow, Degreaser, Loose Cannon, Persian Persuader, Detonator, Brass Beast, Holy Mackerel, Loch-n-Load, Powerjack, Iron Bomber, Reserve Shooter, Disciplinary Action, Family Business, Shahanshah, Scorch Shot, Shortstop, Soda Popper, Rescue Ranger, Tomislav, Panic Attack, Winger
      • Mann Co. Store winter sale!
  • General
    • War Paints can now be used for Mann Co. Trade-Ups
    • Fixed a rendering issue with the Misty Skull unusual effect
    • Fixed a case where it was possible to use the Thermal Thruster twice in one launch
    • Fixed the inspect animation for the Shortstop
    • Fixed the Festive Sandvich not showing the bite mark when eaten
    • Increased the maximum number of backpack slots to 3000 (from 2500)
    • Added the UGC Highlander Season 21, Highlander Season 22, Highlander Season 23, 6v6 Season 23, 6v6 Season 24, 6v6 Season 25, 4v4 Season 10, 4v4 Season 11, and 4v4 Season 12 tournament medals
    • Added Ready Steady Pan Season 3 tournament medals
    • Updated cp_mercenarypark
      • Added a forward spawn for BLU when attacking the final control point
      • Added a connecting stairwell to the mid-structure of the final control point
      • Fixed area portal rendering issues between the first and second control points
    • Updated pd_watergate
      • Respawn times of the teams will change dynamically based on the difference in scores. This should help balance any extreme differences in the team skills/scores.
        • >50% difference in scores: 12s for leading team, 0s for trailing
          • Equal scores: 6s for each team
        • Relocated the player beer pickup counter on the HUD to the lower left, but made it slightly larger
        • Updated the soundscape to have more alien-y sounds in the main areas
        • Adjusted detail in the center and spawn rooms
        • Adjusted clipping around the map

Read on the TF2 Blog...

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
  • Updated cp_mercenarypark
    • Added a forward spawn for BLU when attacking the final control point
I thought there was already one...? Did they move it forward or...?

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
I thought there was already one...? Did they move it forward or...?
Its werid, they do keep the old forward spawn but that added a new one. I dont know hwy, they are close together.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Also australium can now be festive

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
It appears to use the old forward spawn for 20-30 seconds before activating the new one.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
It appears to use the old forward spawn for 20-30 seconds before activating the new one.
Why did they do this?

I don't know why they would add a new spawn so close to the old one.

Maybe for the next update that they will update for the park map, they should take out the old one and keep the new one.

hutty

aa
Mar 30, 2014
probably because the old one was too far away and would lead to players going back to A but having it instantly switch to the new spawn would give the attacking team too much of an advantage.

I'm willing to bet they are playtesting the map quite a bit with 6v6 teams.

Dec 28, 2014
Its werid, they do keep the old forward spawn but that added a new one. I dont know hwy, they are close together.

The new spawn does make it easier to take the high ground path since the stairs are right in front of the spawn exit.

Of course that means if the defending team does manage to push attacks back to spawn it's super easy to spawn camp them since they have the high ground. And of course there's only one spawn exit.
It happened in a game I was in yesterday and it wasn't pretty for the attackers.