Stockpile

Stockpile B2

Aug 23, 2008
Also, someone was recomending that you nobuild the top of the gas tank. I don't think you necessarily need to do that. The bigger problem seems to be the ledge overlooking it, allowing engies to drop down onto the gas tank without any real issue. Otherwise, they have to build a dispenser and THEN get some more metal and then build a sentry. Much harder to get set up, without being able to put the sentry first.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Thanks Scorpio and Nerdboy, I will try to fix some of the things you said. :)

Are there any other comments from the other tests? Like the 6v6 test yesterday? (I had to go just when it started :()

Techyworm

L1: Registered
Dec 30, 2009
The map is really good, I love the way a good rocketjump can go all the way from spawn to the cap point, so soldiers can arrive to defend really quick. The two doors into the cap point are also good, because they allow lots of people to build up for a strike without being seen unless someone walks up to the door.

martijntje

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Aug 2, 2009
So I played it today, not too bad, the teams where a bit unbalanced, but it was fun enough anyway. I was mostly trying to defend the intel as a demo.

-Defending the intel is quite hard, I feel like there are too many entrances.
-The opening/window in the wall behind the intel, I feel like it should have glass
-There should be some metal on the upper levels around the intel, it is quite annoying getting down all the time, and more important leaves a giant opening to cap the intel.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Okay, there is 1 'big' thing I should maybe change before b1:

Should I:

1. Make the lower spawn exit as high as the other one and make a catwalk to the intelligence yard, so it would come out at the higher part for defenders

2. Or do the same as above but move the whole spawn closer to the intelligence yard, so there is no catwalk needed

3. Leave it as it is?

Edit: Main thing is that the distance between spawn -> intel might be too big, so that could make it to hard to defend.

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Okay, after testing a few times now, I'll do the following things I think:

-Lower the returntimer (to 20 seconds?)
-Fix sniperline from intel -> spawn
-Fix easy escape jumps for scouts
-Move spawn closer to intel or not? I still don't know. :/

Other thoughts?

Dustoxx

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 9, 2009
-fix the 'sniperline' from that building in fornt of spawn.
-and delete that straight path into intel, it's unstopable...

the spawns probably dont need to be closer if you fix those easy scout routes :)

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
colorful.jpg

Red is a jump that seems like you can make, but you can't. See if you can find a way to make it more out of reach.

Green is how the tunnel should be, corresponding with my one door suggestion and making the useless Blue area less useless.

Boonsaw

L1: Registered
Jul 22, 2008
Okay, a summary of my thoughts:

- You need a longer return timer.
- It is too easy to cap. Longer return timer might help a bit, but I think it is just too easy to run home with the intel.
- This is really just a thought, and might not be good at all, but I would consider lowering or redoing the high parts of the map, making it easier to intercept intelcarriers.
- Perhaps making the mid slightly longer?
- As a medic, I was pretty constantly flanked. Might just have been my team being inattentive though.

Overall, enjoyable, but the capping frenzy kind of ruins the experience at the moment.

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
in my opinion you should lower return time to 15 seconds,kill the lower intel passage OR make it one way,like dropdown or smth. So there are still atlest 2 ways out, one shorter and more dangerous (moving closer to spawn,ther longer and safer, but that still CAN be countered

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
I agree with all Okrag's suggestions, and I suggest making a little balcony (like fastlane has them) at the left-most red spot. That should solve that.

Also please do not move the spawn closer do the intel. The distances are pretty much perfect as they are.

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
A7 released!

28/01/2010: A7:

-Moved the spawn closer to the intel
-Changed the height of 1 spawndoor and made a catwalk which connected it to the intel yard
-Added some props in the intel area
-Changed returntimer from 60 seconds to 20 seconds

Download!

ctf_stockpile_a70003.jpg

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
So any new thoughts? :p

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
For one thing, you might want to fix the link in the first post :p

Things I noticed, mostly aesthetic:

- It's still rather dark everywhere. I suggest turning up the general brightness and/or giving some spots (the doors hall, inside houses) lights, and switching the theme to alpine a generally more open feel (although it also helps that I really like alpine and feel that it would make your map stand out more :p). What would also help is changing the what are now big dev texture blocks in the middle to see-through fences for a little more light.

- The box on top of a tire at the intel looks rather strange and I'm not sure if further cluttering of the intel yard is needed.

- Move the small ammo boxes at mid to behind the concrete blocks instead of in front of the piles of boxes. It gives them more reason to be there (the concrete) and doesn't look as weird.

- Clip the entrances to the windows of the mid house from the outside, so you don't have to jump to get in or heighten the windows in such a way that it's clear that you can't walk, but have to jump.

- Block off the big gap under the right catwalk coming from spawn.

- The spawns feel rather claustrophobic. Add the doublecross doors, and some windows.

All are tiny changes, really. I'd start detailing if I was you :)

Last edited: