Static Props Not Showing ?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Also to note, glass and wire grating textures cause leaks if on a brush that touches the void. It doesn't matter if your brush is not a solid entity (IE it's still world geometry, a regular brush) it will still leak.

So avoid texturing brushes that cordon off the void with chicken wire or bullet proof glass etc.

I know this wasn't your problem, but it's another problem i've seen float around the newbie mapping FAQ scene.

Speaking of which, what happened to our FAQ? We do have one right? This was such a cliché newbie mapping post.

LunchBox

L1: Registered
Jun 13, 2009
Well thanks for the tips as well. The reason i asked the question under Mapping Discussion is because it says: Share ideas, tips and tricks or ask all your related mapping questions here. Also i have no clue where the FAQ is at.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
No, this is the right place to ask the questions you did.

Brandished added a "common errors" thread that got stickied, but it's extensive and full of jargon. There tends to be 5 errors that consistantly prop up from new comers that can be easily answered with basic instructions, and i'm pretty sure we resolved this last summer with a FAQ. I just can't seem to find it.