StarCraft 2 TF2M Tourney - USA & EU Ladders

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
I don't want to be an asshole here, but I really wish we'd keep this tournament to established members of TF2M, rather than just allowing anyone on the internet to register for it.

If you just let anyone register, it's not really a TF2M tournament any more :\

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
I don't want to be an asshole here, but I really wish we'd keep this tournament to established members of TF2M, rather than just allowing anyone on the internet to register for it.

There's no need to worry because so far there aren't any random people who have registered for it.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007

I think a good way to put this nicely is:

It's a tournament for fun, and it's more fun playing against people you know.

Mash

L1: Registered
Aug 12, 2010
Well, I have been lurking these forums for a while, and will have something to post in the WIP soon.

I used to map back when Hammer was called Worldcraft, and Mapcore had forums. I've just had a really good and fun idea for a level and want to get back into it. Also, I'm not an elite diamond player or anything and just wanted to get to know you guys.

Nathan Quake

L1: Registered
May 8, 2010
Well that sucks. I was looking forward to playing in the EU tourny. >:C

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
I'm first seed? That's cool. Good luck to everyone.

But how exactly are matches going to be played and when? Is it going to be best 2/3?

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Well thats lame, me and sandvich have decided to settle ours with a friendly game of Rock Paper Scissors.

And I kinda assumed it was random.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
single elimination

That doesn't mean anything pertinent to the actual matches. I'm assuming you mean one game though, which is a heavy strain on the competitors and will pretty much turn it into a tournament of sheer luck.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
That doesn't mean anything pertinent to the actual matches. I'm assuming you mean one game though, which is a heavy strain on the competitors and will pretty much turn it into a tournament of sheer luck.
luck, in star craft? THERE'S NO LUCK IN STARCRAFT!
besides, if there were multiple games, it would just get extended for a longer period and everyone would lose interest.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
luck, in star craft? THERE'S NO LUCK IN STARCRAFT!
besides, if there were multiple games, it would just get extended for a longer period and everyone would lose interest.

Perhaps the later games should be best of 3 and the final should be a best of 5.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
First game over, I had to leave RoboCraft II to hang out with my club buddies Jay-Z and pimp-rasta-fasta, then i had to work out at the gym. During the game though I had to spare TMP a match because I had superior micro and macaroni.