Split

PLR Split 2015-09-08

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Honestly right now at the state it's at it feels like once one team has pushed their cart to the opposite side of stages one and two they either roll or all get killed and then the game stalemates for a while.

I'm not entirely on top with ideas on how to remedy this since I haven't played the map that much yet but I'm sure giving each team a safer route to get behind the enemy, maybe one way like pipeline, would help the balance of the stages quite a bit.

Once I get to stage three I seem rather confused because what's accomplished in the first two stages isn't bluntly laid out to me, all I see when I get to the last stage is that one team has a sawblade at the end of their track for whatever reason.

idk what else to say about the map. I like the idea but it needs a lot of work.

imo you should have done a two stage plr instead of a three stage, you would have had more time during the contest to iterate on the idea and balance the map.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
It's a big hulking bastard of a map, but I'm happy with what I accomplished over the weekend. I had a lot of people suggest scaling the idea back, but it wouldn't have been nearly as fun to make.

I also totally forgot to create the signs I planned on making that would have helped explain the final round hazards and show what each stage was fighting for. It wasn't a perfect solution but it would have helped a lot I think.

Also, I'll update this thread when I get home from work today.

AlienRadar

L1: Registered
Sep 6, 2015
I know this is pretty old but the BLU cart starts closer than the RED cart on stage 2. Its almost 1/2 way to the middle when it starts and stage 3 crashes. I know you said its a buggy map and I know its old but I wanted to let you know anyways.