Spillway

FreeLance_FoX

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 6, 2008
LOL nine. >_< I swear this has never happened before! (not in a public release!) :(

Also, I swear I tested it to make sure the height was, er, just right. I, of course, tested this only in hammer with my little red and blue engineer buddy as a dummy target, but I guess I was wrong.

The issue is that I want scouts to be able to hop up there from the ground. Their max height is at around ~112 units, and the models are about ~83 units IIRC. Right now they hoodoos are at 96 units, I think, but I remember I compiled a11x (which was played by a select few) with the hoodoos at 108 units and they were hard to get onto. I may try 100 or 104 in the next version. :mad:

Speaking of which, here's the fixed one. Apparently the filter for the forward spawn door mysteriously swapped teams:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2869

Changelist
1: Added a number of hoodoos to mid that break up the long sightlines and significantly change the flow of the area.
2: Added a ramp up to the left side of 2nd to allow the middle, spillway, route, to be more useful.
3: Reworked last and 1-2 completely. Big changes, but hopefully will improve the theme, balance, and most of all flow. Last is now indoors =)
4: Spawntimes adjusted hoping to fix some balance issues. They may be... too long overall, but they can be easily fixed don't worry! Changed: respawn when a team owns 4 CPs to 10, respawn when a team owns 1 CP to 6. Last is easy enough to attack and the offense spawns quite close to 2nd!

I'll update the pictures later. :E

FreeLance_FoX

Sep 6, 2008
Lack of feedback makes me sad :E

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009
The problem I have with this map is the new final control point.

The middle and 2/4 CPs are "open" in the sense you can add a vertical aspect to them and aren't indoors. Maybe find a way to make the 1/5 CP remain outdoors, or at least raise the roof on the indoors as well as raise the spawns to the top sort of like badlands last except bigger.

Idk the last point seems out of place to me

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
The new final control point needs work, i talked to you in detail for some ideas. But it definitely shouldn't be one small room with a low celeing, and more distinct entrances/exits are needed.

But other that that, the rest of the map and respawn times seemed fine to me for the short time i got to play.

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009

This one the best in my opinion, looks..umm.. the most intresting :p

In all seriousness I'm not particullarily fond of symetricl cap points (that are the same on the left and right) as seen here:
So, the first one I quoted is my favourite.
Definitly promises to be better then the capture poiint in a shed I played a long while back.

FreeLance_FoX

Sep 6, 2008
I really liked the old CPs, all the way back to ye old CP in a shed, but I think that this one is going to play so much nicer. Yes, I will miss the roof. I kept it in as long as I could, just like the hole, but some mechanics just don't work.

If possible I'll think of a way to add another exciting thing to last, but I truly think that the visuals will stand on their own.

FreeLance_FoX

Sep 6, 2008
a12 has been tested on tf2m already, twice, but due to an issue with the spawn times that makes the pace rather slow I'm going to need to hold off the mass release for a12a. >_>

That said, the reaction has been really great so far and I'm excited about the fact that I may actually get to begin detail. >:3

Post all your feedback, concerns, criticisms, anecdotes, reprimands, mandates, and hatemail.

-FoX

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009
I vote supertoaster gets auto gibbed whenever he spawns as any class other than medic.

that being said the map played pretty well for a 12v12 with 2 engis a piece and the new last point is amazing.

cant wait to get it tested 6v6 and see where the texturing goes.

Aug 10, 2009
This version played amazingly better than the last, or at least what I remember of it. No major complaints except the waterfall sound, and someone was going to tell you to make the water deep by the waterfall so it could put fires out. If it's any concern I could usually get the sneaky teleporter in the deep water by the middle cap, the only problem was we capped it every time I did so...
I like the breathing room between second and final cap but maybe it could be extended, because whenever a team took second, they practically always took final, or eventually did.
I think this map got 2 times better with this revamp, now it for sure kicks ass :D
On a final note, the second forward spawn doors go up, so you could use setup gates to go sideways or you could just have the doors go down.

FreeLance_FoX

Sep 6, 2008
Those of you who played it again today—anything to mention?

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
I still don't like the silly circle thing at last, and second still doesn't feel like it's own arena or that is was ever really fought over.

But overall, much much much better.

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009
It was never fought over because me and you killed everything at mid so nobody was ever alive long enough to give us a fight for it.

I'll see if I can get some better testing on it this week but it might be hard given the fact most of the leagues just started up again.

try posting on etf2l, or i will for you