Model Snowy rooftop props

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007

Are you making a snowy themed map?​

Do your rooftops lack nice fluffy prop snow?​

Is your map in late beta?​

If you answered yes to all three of those questions, boy do I have an offer for you!
I will make bespoke snow rooftop models for your map​

Once your map is in late beta (as in, you're not going to be changing the rooftop geometry), post here if to let me know you're interested and when I'm available we'll talk on discord or steam about specifics. I'm currently neck deep in moving house so I might not be able to start on any until mid-late November, but after that I hope this will be an on-going offer

Here's examples of snow I've made for Snowplow:

1698598660212.png

1698598735755.png

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Snowbank is finished, here are the final results along with comparison shots to before

Stats for nerds:
There are 12 separate meshes, broken up based on ease of modelling, but also for vis considerations. The mesh data comes to 0.98MB total
All but two of these we decided to go with baked texture lighting instead of vertex lighting as it allowed more fine control over the look as well as looking generally better. The textures all come to 487KB combined, surprisingly only half of what the mesh data totalled!! Overall, these add 1.45MB to the map, though it's worth noting that many of the surfaces covered now don't contribute to the regular lightmap

Final_comp_01.jpg

Final_comp_02.jpg

Final_comp_03.jpg

While we're probably beyond reasonable cut off for Smissmass 2023, the offer remains open!