Site info updates: Sponsors, prize shipping, donations, upgrades, etc

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
Host a custom maps tournament at some point

get your comp maps tested, get teams to pay a small league fee, and give em monetary prizes depending on how much money the entrance fee is.

youll make a profit, get more feedback, and help out the competitive community.

id be willing to help. it couldnt be soon but maybe around summertime

This would be really interesting :thumbup1:

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
I emptied out the rest of my paypal for the one year subscription.

Maybe if the site accepted debit cards I could donate a little more, but at the moment I'm dry.

Apr 19, 2009

get your comp maps tested, get teams to pay a small league fee, and give em monetary prizes depending on how much money the entrance fee is.

This^ We should at least try it.

Pc_Madness

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 31, 2009
Why don't you host the map packs on Bittorrent instead of downloading from this site? :\

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
Because that puts all the strain on a couple of dedicated people's machines instead, not proper servers.

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009

I think first we would need to make sure that the maps are quite good, and that the competitive community trusts our maps. It's hard enough to get them tested without a fee (even though the prize would draw in a LOT)
EDIT: Also, would it be possible to send you a donation by a method other than paypal? I'd hate to sound un-trusting, but my paypal account is linked to my bank account, and it could go a bit haywire from there...

Last edited:

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
Also, would it be possible to send you a donation by a method other than paypal? I'd hate to sound un-trusting, but my paypal account is linked to my bank account, and it could go a bit haywire from there...

Get an intermediate paypal account then, send the money to that then pay for the subscription, though you have to admit it does sound very un-trusting that you are willing to pay others with that paypal account but not the site (im assuming you actually use your paypal account)

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
I paid using my debit card.

Same here, i dont even have a credit card always use debit. Paypal accepts it, even steam does. In fact havent found anywhere online that doesnt accept it. Even if they dont say credit or debit, i just use the credit one and it always works.