Silvertrail

CP Silvertrail RC2

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Updated to b4.

Trying to make C more defendable for Red by adding more cover and ammo.

Critical bug in b4 found, Will upload a new version shortly!
Sorry!

Void: heh, It would be very dark since I have no real outdoor lighting in place in the silvertrail, but I guess I could take it for a spin sometime ;)

Last edited:

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
B5 uploaded, Now let's forget that embarrassing error I made in b4, okay?

changelog:
That door is working now!
Added some detail overlays.
Clipped a staircase....
... really I didn't do much this time except fix that door.

cp_silvertrail_b50000.jpg

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
Awesome glad this map is back in development, loved it the fist and only time i played it.
Error? what error (seriously dont no what error)

Anyway changes look nice cant wait to try it out

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Feels more like a b4a to me.

You could do that, but I already have 2 variables in the name, b for beta and # for version. Didn't see a point in having another letter there.

(I used to add a,b,c and such a long time ago, but... yeah)

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Well... I forgot the time and missed the gameday rush, which means I got locked outside for the duration of the map.

I'll watch the STV whenever that pops up, but feel free to leave a comment on this old and forgotten map :)

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
It's now been exactly 1 year since I started this map!!

*shameless bump*

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Well congrats ravidge, sorta. It has been forever since i have played this map, maybe a year almost. Unfortunately i only played it once i think. Looking forward to playing it in the near future.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Woop. RC1 released.
Consider it 'final'.

After more than a year I think it's time to mark this map as done.
I did not change anything special in the b5->rc1 transition other than the ~15mb filesize decrease.

I learned a bunch from making this map, thanks for sticking with it guys.
Big thanks to 2F2F and FLOOR_MASTER for running the map in rotation over several months, great resource!

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Well shit. I had to compile a rc2 because I forgot to include some custom files in rc1. More exactly: soundscape, menuphoto and text. Nothing else has changed.
SEE! This is why I didn't compile it as a final!

Luckily the map isn't very popular so barely anyone cares or takes notice :p

So, RC2 Released!!

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
its LOVED THOUGH, not popular because it has only had one gameday test that i no off. And from what i can remember, pretty much everyone loved it. When it starts getting updated/played more now that your actively working on it again it should (i hope) can some attention.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
I'm not starting work on it again, The RC releases are pretty much final. I'm done with this map if nothing critical comes up. After a year (and 2 months) of development I sure hope I gave people enough time to point out flaws and such, but I heard nothing and I've had more interesting projects to work on.

The RC came a little suddenly I admit, but I had to. I really hated seeing it stuck in beta for months :)

Sgt.Sausage

Dec 5, 2008
Yah i actually read a few posts up and saw rc in almost final, i forgot to edit.

A fe months ago (thought it was more recent) you said i am back to working on it so that was my point.

Glad its pretty much final, i will definitely have to try it out soon.

NuclearRadio

L1: Registered
Dec 7, 2013
Looks nice! reminds me of Swiftwater

Acadium

Playtest Extraordinaire
Apr 20, 2013
Looks nice! reminds me of Swiftwater

Actually, this map came almost entirely, from start to finish, before swiftwater was even posted. So I believe it would be the other way round. This map did the alpine theme before swiftwater.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Sorry to bump this, but would it be possible for you to release the skybox files you used for this map? @Ravidge

Also the env settings if you could get us the files.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Last time Ravidge was active was over a year ago.