Scoville

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Alpha 2 will be released on Friday or so. It's all set... except there are some... complications. I.E. Pakrat not working, and all other reccomendations failing as well.

So yeah, I guess Alpha 1 never got into the Gamedays (like it was supposed to.) so I didn't get too much feedback but main changes are ledges inside the building windows on to the rooves, a more open central area, better playerclipping, entity fixes, and texture flickering fixes on the setup doors.

Sorry for the wait but that's pretty much what's in it.

Moosey Fate

L1: Registered
Dec 9, 2008
Alpha 2 will be released on Friday or so. It's all set... except there are some... complications. I.E. Pakrat not working, and all other reccomendations failing as well.

So yeah, I guess Alpha 1 never got into the Gamedays (like it was supposed to.) so I didn't get too much feedback but main changes are ledges inside the building windows on to the rooves, a more open central area, better playerclipping, entity fixes, and texture flickering fixes on the setup doors.

Sorry for the wait but that's pretty much what's in it.

It's set for Wednesday. I'm sorry about the complications.

psikobare

Jun 17, 2009
final was very hard

defending team is respawning too fast, or too close to final cap
maybe you could add a cp on the midle that would disable the spawn door closest to final cap
something like this (or more far)
or enable another way for the attacking team allowing them to cap easier, so far there is only one way to get to the point, and you get easily surrounded by the opposite team, and sentries, plus you have to deploy uber soon, because of snipers that can easily kill you in the corridor

Last edited:

Moosey Fate

Dec 9, 2008
Yeah, the area separating the two endpoints needs to be a bit more open. It was a soldier spamfest when RED got its cart past the middle.

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
And the window area up top was 100% useless for snipers! Since they had a sentry below it, I could not go out to the far side to snipe a heavy defending the cart. I was stuck aiming just to the left of him D:

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Mkay, I'll remove the bars on the windows and widen them up.

The current Alpha 2 has lots of editing to the center area to make it more open. Perhaps I'll add a Suicide Route to each final cap from the center.

Also, updated OP with more fancy stuff such as an epic-er story and a special thanks section.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
7-11-09
Alpha 2 Released

- Added alternative route
- Changed window models to be wider and more open
- Central area is now more open and breathable
- Changed secondary spawn exit to a simple building to prevent further Sentry camping
- Fixed texture flickering
- Added ledges to outside the windows
- Fixed playerclipping
- Added more health and ammo
- More signs
- Dev detailing

plr_scoville_a20000.png

plr_scoville_a20001.png

plr_scoville_a20002.png

plr_scoville_a20004.png

plr_scoville_a20005.png

plr_scoville_a20006.png

Stage 2 will arrive with Alpha 3!

Last edited by a moderator:

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Good stuff. Did you run it on full VIS without the cordon tool this time? :p

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
To keep you all interested, here is the premise behind Stage 2.

The Coolant Fields

With a huge Spytech base underneath a sizzling desert, housing a thermonuclear generator, things get pretty hot. That's where the Coolant Fields come in! The Coolant Fields are a series of rotating fans that works as an oversized Air Conditioner for the entire underground base. But watch your step! Any contact with the Coolant Fields' fans results in your chopped limbs being thrown through the air!

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Because apparently I'm the only fuel for this thread, here's a test of the new Death Fans, courtesy of Matt.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcO0yJ8Yoag"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcO0yJ8Yoag[/ame]

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
awesome =) it maybe the video? but the fans seem to rotate oddly.. freezes and such.