Rippleside

Eyce

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2010
Destroyed the catwalk due to popular request; finished making second request.

ctfripplesidea14prog070.jpg

Edit: New intel capture zone.
ctfripplesidea14prog080.jpg

Last edited:

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
sorry... i broke your map:

ctf_rippleside_b10001.jpg

basically, the rockets in the spawn room can be climbed up and then an engineer can pop a teleporter up on the roof.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
There's not a lot to indicate which side you're on unless you're looking for it. We had a teleporter and forward base set up in the enemy building and I ended up running the wrong way three times before I realized what was going on (I kept getting killed by the other team, who apparently had the same idea).

Eyce

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 13, 2010
There's not a lot to indicate which side you're on unless you're looking for it. We had a teleporter and forward base set up in the enemy building and I ended up running the wrong way three times before I realized what was going on (I kept getting killed by the other team, who apparently had the same idea).

Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree with you, particularly the long corridor on the left for attackers.

Most of those things weren't brought up when playtests happened in the map, but now you mention it. :facepalm:

Nov 14, 2009
I have to say that I find that there are a few issues about this map:
-Water texture: Make it 1 and 1 scale, instead of the default .25

-Team colors. I cant figure out which side I am on. I find my self looking at my HUD for reminders on which side I should be killing

-In all, I think that this map would work much better as a 5 CP map. In fact, it would be wonderful as 5 CP if you made the building between mid and base larger.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
non-finalist judge minireview

Optimization is alright. It's a tiny map so there isn't much that one needs to do, but there aren't any horrible overrenderings. I might suggest actually removing all APs on the windowed wall in picture 05, because sometimes having two "layers" of APs (either side of the building) can cause them to behave less than optimally.
[00] This door could probably be a world brush and then shrink the AP to get better results.
[04] [05] Portal merging.
[07] I'd suggest a hint to slice this leaf at the edge of the building.

Everything is pretty bland and undetailed. I think the main issue is lack of team coloring/indication at the middle.
[01] I think this is an accident, but this inside soundscape creates a dead zone in the rain noise when you are near it.
[03] Wrongly angled wood makes me sad. Also, most of your wooden platforms are way too thick. They should be at most 8 units and usually 4 (with adequate framing).
[06] These lights are horribly glowy.

[02] Is there a reason you let the enemy into this staging room?

Not much to say since it's so tiny.

edit: noticed your screenshots after posting. Those buildings are way better now. But could still use some framing trim on the edges and such.