Rideable cars?

• Thread starter <DELETE THIS ACCT>
  • Start date
D

<DELETE THIS ACCT>

So, im working on a map set in the future and want to add drivable cars to get the the other teams base

is there a way to combine a track train + props + a trigger to activate it?

Peachy

L1: Registered
May 4, 2017
you can use the halloween go-carts, but i've heard that it crashes servers.

Peachy

May 4, 2017
but it has turns in the path
okay well I'm sure you could figure out something that looks cool and futuristic but also signifies that there is a turn.

If you really want to have players inside an autodriving car, then you can just make a car out of brush work, make it a func_tracktrain, and have it follow some path_tracks. and you can have a trigger brush inside the car (preferably a truck, so players can just hop in the back) that tells the train to start moving.

Peachy

May 4, 2017
what if i wanted to add props?

can i group FUNC_tracktrain and a normal trigger and the trigger still moves?
if you wanted props then just make a nodraw brush a func_tracktrain, then a prop_dynamic parented to it.

And yes you can parent the trigger to the train.

D

<DELETE THIS ACCT>

if you wanted props then just make a nodraw brush a func_tracktrain, then a prop_dynamic parented to it.

And yes you can parent the trigger to the train.
i did that and my cart moves but it has some trouble turning halfway down the path it just powerslides into the turns
how i fix dis?

Last edited by a moderator:

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
I think it's important to note that this was a proof of concept, and not something intended to be used in an actual map. He even said in the post that it doesn't work on dedicated servers (though he didn't explain why).