Requesting help to (re)create MGE 1v1 Duel Arenas

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

MightyMe

L1: Registered
Dec 23, 2021
Hi all,

I enjoy playing a 1v1 gamemode called MGE (My Gaming Edge https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/MGE_Mod)
For those who are not familair with the gamemode, in a nutshell you play 1v1 in arenas that are mainly snips from popular 6v6 maps (i.e. Badlands Middle, Badlands Spire, Granary Middle, ...)
Most fights are played as Soldier vs Soldier and involve a lot of rocket jumping and other dynamic movements.

When I played TF2 very actively I played a specific version of this gamemod with a selection of 'custom' arena's not found on public MGE servers.
Unforunately, over the years I have lost the map file and neither my old friends seem to have it any more as well.

What I am looking for:
Someone who can help me recreate the arena's below, to be used with the MGE mod.

If you can help me out, please post here or reach me out by Steam and we can discuss how much you are looking to get in return :)

Thanks in advance!

Screenshots from the arena's as reference:

34625AEB13DBFD0C4C6001F5C5BFEE0D610DEFC1

82B91A315A92BF7809774E807A58C600EE47D50F

AC4192035E6D6A4B8FDCDCFF4714DE3B6695C947

BBED6DB073157F9E4065E7BB76068CFBFABA45BE

Almond

Aug 9, 2021
why cant you just decompile your existing BSP map file? That is unless these are old screenshots of when you did have access to that map, if so im pretty good at map making

MightyMe

Dec 23, 2021
Hi Almond, these are screenshots from 2016 and unfortunately I don't have the .bsp map file anymore.

How long would it take you to recreate the arena's as shown in the first 3 screenshots?

Note that the 4th one has also been added to a more popular .bsp MGE map so we could just extract it from there somehow

MightyMe

Dec 23, 2021
p.s. the 3rd screenshot is basically badlands middle, already existing on the 'popular/main' MGE map but with the houses removed

Almond

Aug 9, 2021
also, could you have a guess at the dimensions of the map, also is it all one map connected together? Also what map is the 4th picture precisely?

MightyMe

Dec 23, 2021
also, could you have a guess at the dimensions of the map, also is it all one map connected together? Also what map is the 4th picture precisely?

Size of the maps: You can use the viewmodel as a good indication as the size for the arena. The crates from the first arena are roughly the same dimensions as on Granary mid. It takes a single rocket jump to gap the distance between them.

Altogether: Yes. The way MGEmod works is you select one arena within the total map, and you are teleported to that arena. Each arena has a few options to respawn based on the coordinates - no work for you in this area, I can write this in the config and it has nothing to do with the standard blue/red respawn rooms. So all arenas are in the same single .bsp file but seperated from each other with significant distance. You can have a looking at other mge_training maps for reference.

4th Map: Taken from traingraveyard (koth?) with removed skybox. Already existing in another mge_training map so could be cut from there.

About timing: honestly as soon as possible would be great. By end of the weekend or early next week preferably. Would that work?