Model [Request] props_halloween/hwn_kart_ball01 with four new skins

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
For my map Canyon, I've been using a near-invisible hwn_kart_ball01 to give the pipeballs an outline (since tf_glow doesn't function on brush-based entities).

This has two downsides, however. Both minor and visual-only, but still downsides nevertheless. The first is that you can always *juuuuust* barely see the pattern of the kart ball, which clashes with the pure-white and pure-black color of the pipeballs themselves. The second is that the mesh of the model doesn't perfectly square-up with the much blockier pipeball brushes, leaving very noticible gaps in between the pipeball and the glow.

I figure that if I had a version of hwn_kart_ball01 that was more bespoke to the Pipeball gamemode, I could make the brushes invisible, the model fully-visible, and the issues I'm having would entirely disappear.

Here are the skins I need-- two "classic" skins to represent the original Pipeball maps, and two that use War Paint textures
  1. A classic "pure white" skin
  2. A classic "pure black w/ a skull and crossbones decal" skin
  3. One of the War Paint textures that's a solid color w/ 'chipped' details, such as "solid_white" or "solid_offwhite"
  4. The tallymarks texture from the "Kill Covered" War Paint

Last edited:

Zeus

Not a Krusty Krab
aa
Oct 15, 2014
This is pretty easy to do if there are no other edits you need; but im not sure what 3 and 4 mean

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
This is pretty easy to do if there are no other edits you need; but im not sure what 3 and 4 mean
When I was brainstorming alternate skin ideas for the pipeball, I remembered that I downloaded the Weapon Skin VMTs awhile back.

I cycled through a few different textures, and after some considered settled on "solid_offwhite" and the tallymarks texture, since those looked best for the white and black pipeballs, respectively.