Red team auto-wins the match on round start (5CP)

lol no

L1: Registered
Nov 10, 2021
I've been configuring the points on my new WiP 5CP map (adding index numbers, implementing outputs, basic gamemode logic basically), and all seems fine enough so far. But there's one pretty major bug that's been plaguing my progress, that being that Red team always wins the match immediately once the round starts, with no capture notifications or apparent win conditions being met. Kind of a weird issue if I'm being honest, but I can't find a way to fix it.

Skylark

Super Gay Developer
aa
Aug 9, 2018
It would help if we could have the vmf to poke around.

Also, is there any reason why you aren't using the 5CP gamemode prefab from the ABS gamemode library? There may be a reason why you aren't using it which may also be linked to the weird behavior

lol no

Nov 10, 2021
It would help if we could have the vmf to poke around.

Also, is there any reason why you aren't using the 5CP gamemode prefab from the ABS gamemode library? There may be a reason why you aren't using it which may also be linked to the weird behavior
Sure thing.
I'd rather just learn how to do it each step of the way rather than relying on something like a prefab.

Attachments

• cp_alpinepass.vmf
    38.9 KB · Views: 94

Skylark

Super Gay Developer
aa
Aug 9, 2018
I'm unable to reproduce what was described, compiling the map the round starts as normal without one team winning immediately, being able to capture the points fine

Didn't tweak anything, just had a look at what had been done and other than that tf_gamerules needs a few inputs given by a logic_auto it seems good, there's no timer but realistically 5CP never goes below 7 minutes/10 minutes

Attachments

• hl2_2021-11-16_15-55-24.png
    hl2_2021-11-16_15-55-24.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • hl2_2021-11-16_15-57-13.png
    hl2_2021-11-16_15-57-13.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 92

lol no

Nov 10, 2021
I'm unable to reproduce what was described, compiling the map the round starts as normal without one team winning immediately, being able to capture the points fine

Didn't tweak anything, just had a look at what had been done and other than that tf_gamerules needs a few inputs given by a logic_auto it seems good, there's no timer but realistically 5CP never goes below 7 minutes/10 minutes
Alright, set up a team_round_timer and changed a bit of logic_auto, everything works as intended now. Thanks!