Ravidge's polypack thread

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
However impractical and stupid it sounds, it would look really cool to have the end of the barrel blasted out. As in, this although on a much smaller and more comical scale. I guess it depends on the direction you want this to go in.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
Why not try the double-barrelled sniper with a redder brown, for the wood?

I don't really like the pale white, and as much as some people might like it, if 20% of people hate it already (on this thread), think about how the people on the STEAM FORUMS would react to it (assuming it's added to the game, I know the polypack contest bypasses isn't held in the steam forums).

Also, EPIC JARATE REPLACEMENT IDEA:
BLOOD DRIPS! aka blood transfusion bags. Maybe the sniper was injured with the medic not around, out of jarate due to some tube automatically draining his bladder, so he threw the closest substitute he could found and kept up the habit!
You know, this:
istockphoto_737671-blood-transfusion-bag.jpg

HeaH

Oct 2, 2008
One problem with replacing Jarate is that you have to be able to use the yellow color still - Or atleast that's what I think

HeaH

Oct 2, 2008
I like ruining ideas, it's fun, you should try it :p I recommend practicing on SPUF, soo many stupid ideas there

Mr.Blob

Jun 12, 2009
That really does add to "you got blood on my knife mate" :p

Numerous

Oct 14, 2009
That really does add to "you got blood on my knife mate" :p

Only if he just killed another sniper or he has DID.

By the way, I don't need practice finding flaws in stupid ideas. Try being stuck at your grandmas house with a 300MB download limit, and having the only active forum you can be f@&ed finding as STEAM TF2 FORUMS.
Now, imagine that for a week. Now then imagine it for another week.

I SWEAR IM GONNA HURT SOMEBODY JUST REMEMBERING IT

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Yo guys, thanks for all the good comments and laughs :)
Big update today.

After having a lot of time to think of what to do with my melee weapon, I've put aside some of the crazy ideas I had at the start. For the better I'd say since I came up with this amazing thing while searching for inspiration on google.
WoodmanPalDet1.jpg

So I decided to put together a quick one so peoepl could give me a bit of feedback on something concrete.
SS-2010.06.11-20.25.28.jpg

SS-2010.06.11-19.02.59.png

size comparision:
SS-2010.06.11-16.02.37.png

Also I've been looking into making my rifle more eye-catching apart from having decided on a bright palette I think I need to add something extra. So here is a few options (bottom)
SS-2010.06.12-00.04.54.png

Pick... ALL? none? just one? These are the things I could think of, maybe you guys have something more? :)
I will be glad to hear all opinions. (my opinion = "pimp my rifle")

Thats all! Also the tribalman's shiv is a terrible weapon, why is it backwards in the viewmodel?!

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Sun Cover.

Also, my suggestion for the Melee within the Hunting theme:

A dead duck. He holds it by the neck and swings it wildly. It is 100% jiggleboned.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
A dead duck. He holds it by the neck and swings it wildly. It is 100% jiggleboned.

When I finish all the "proper" models for this theme. I'm going to make a whole set of dead animals he can equip as razorback and misc slot items.
So far I have
*Moose
*Bear
*Deer
*Badger
*Fox
*Duck (Thanks!)

/end joke!

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
When I finish all the "proper" models for this theme. I'm going to make a whole set of dead animals he can equip as razorback and misc slot items.
So far I have
*Moose
*Bear
*Deer
*Badger
*Fox
*Duck (Thanks!)

/end joke!

If you are actually doing this (I see the "/joke" part and all), you absolutely have to add a dead skunk to that list. I don't care if hunters don't go after them, that would still be epic ... somehow. :O

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
No no no. Dead Skunk is a jarate replacement.

Pooluke41

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 24, 2010
Afterburn is what the pyro gets. Nobody else will have it. Huntsman arrows can ignite players with the assistance of a pyro, thus keeping afterburn strictly in his hands. And also that is a coffee pot not a jug.

Shhh.. Don't Tell them..

Numerous

Oct 14, 2009
I still think that a blood drip would be a better jarate replacement than a coffee pot ever would, besides, would you be more humiliated if someone splashed you with someone's blood, or with coffee? Maybe the blood has HIV, who knows.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
That's just stupid. The shiv can cause bleeding in all enemies. You don't need or want to give the players the option of keeping their kukri but giving away their secondary weapons.