Question regarding old Map Factory Threads

Soilbleed

L2: Junior Member
May 7, 2015
Hey there!. So I went back and started working on a map I submitted to the Map Factory sub forum about 2ish years ago. However since then, the thread format for the submissions has changed (to the point where the old thread is simply a chain of comments- no download link/pics or anything). Should i just make a new thread for the latest version of the map?

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Actually, moderators can merge a thread with a download page. How to accomplish that I'm not sure; try asking on the TF2Maps Discord.

Soilbleed

May 7, 2015
Ah awesome, I'll throw a mod a message but failing that will just make a new thread. Thanks for the replies!

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Da Spud Lord is close - we can attach old threads to downloads manually, but we also have a system in place to help us do that. Upload your file to this category to avoid automatically creating a new thread, then it can be paired with the old one.

Soilbleed

May 7, 2015
Da Spud Lord is close - we can attach old threads to downloads manually, but we also have a system in place to help us do that. Upload your file to this category to avoid automatically creating a new thread, then it can be paired with the old one.

Thank you, I will do that. Do you require me to link the old thread in the description? Or do you just check for another thread with the same name?

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Do these old threads have teal message boxes explaining this? Because I think they should, if there's a way to isolate "all threads in Map Factory or Models & Textures not associated with a download".