Question about boss-defeated outputs

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Piezo_, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Piezo_

Piezo_ L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have an odd question:
    What Output should I use if I want it to fire when a boss (merasmus, eyeball_boss, headless_hatman) is defeated?
    Also, assuming I'm using a point_template and env_entity_maker activated by a trigger_multiple to create the aforementioned bosses, which entity should I add the output to?

2. Powerlord

Powerlord L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I was going to suggest checking the decompiled versions of Viaduct Event, etc... but apparently the boss and supporting entities aren't included in the decompiled versions.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Piezo_

Positive Ratings:
    UPDATE: I found three logic_relays in koth_lakeside_event named "boss_enter_relay", "boss_dead_relay", and "boss_exit_relay". They are triggered when merasmus is killed, leaves, or spawns, so that takes care of Merasmus.

Now, what am I gonna do about Monoculus and HHH....
    (As of now, looking through the entity reports of decompiled eyeaduct and manor yeilds no such luck)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  4. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    Here's how I handle Boss deaths:
    Have a trigger_multiple with your desired outputs fire OnEndTouch.
    Give that trigger a filter_activator_class with the respective boss entity names. (e.g. HHH=headless_hatman / Monoculus=eyeball_boss)
    Don't forget to check your flags so Bosses can be a trigger.

Now everytime a boss dies inside this trigger volume, that boss will fire the output.
    In this video I have a portal open when HHH is defeated:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InCcvWbfZkk

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. Piezo_

Positive Ratings:
    @Izotope
    Nice work. Definitely gonna use this for HHH, but I don't think it would work for Monoculus, because it would fire an output when he automatically leaves the area after 2 minutes of not dying (i.e. when the game sends an alert saying "Monoculus has left to haunt another realm."), and this doesn't count as defeating him in my mind...

EDIT: On death, monoculus spawns a portal that leads to an info_target named "spawn_loot". Until someone finds the actual output, I may make a spawn_loot in a room where a trigger_multiple will send the output when a player starts touching the trigger (after going through monoculus's defeated portal).

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016