pl_propenepropane

edit: just to clarify that's a Y

Last edited:

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
Y. It's a name you can actually remember and spell right

Apr 19, 2009
Alright I think we can all agree that the new name is pl_propane. Also zpq is about 50% done detailing the first stage. Lastly if you were watching midget's livestream he is doing a quick revision of the less then ideal play spaces in stages 2 and 3.

Oh and if you were wondering; a9's release date is going to be as stable as the engineer's :V

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Propane is a bad name. Use pl_paraffin.

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yeah, the propane name makes me giggle because I expect the cart to look like Hank's mower and have it yell propane and propane accessories every time I ride it.

So, N.

But I am very excited to see how the conversion to Pipeline goes, cant wait for A9 :)

Nov 14, 2009
If it is Propane, then you must have it play the refrain to Propane Nightmares whenever a round is won!

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Propane is staying as the name, I dunno who this Hank dude is. Propane Nightmares did run through my head, but alas I'd hate to enfringe some kind of copyrighting >:c

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
If you would post normal screenshots we could comment and critique them, silly teasers don't really help :p

This is TF2Maps, not a movie theater.

Mr.Blob

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jun 12, 2009
If you would post normal screenshots we could comment and critique them, silly teasers don't really help :p

This is TF2Maps, not a movie theater.

I lol'd

But seriously, it's looking sexy, I just "need" to player it. <3

Apr 19, 2009
deal-with-it.gif

(Its almost ready)

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
Bloody hell, unless that screenshot has the values curve doctored on it, you REALLY need to touch up on your lighting! It looks terrible! I can safely say that if you do not touch up the lighting and make the map overall brighter, it will be really annoying to play merely because its too dark. If you take a look at pipeline and doublecross, you'll notice one BIG thing: Despite it being a nighttime map, there's rarely a hint of darkness and shadow in the map. While in that screenshot, the entire thing hints of it. What I notice in the screenshot though are patches of light. I'm gonna bold this statement. You are not mapping for l4d. Patches of light are not viable for TF2 in guiding.. The entire playable area needs to be visible in a nighttime tf2 map, and based on what I have seen, this is not.

tl,dr; Spend more time on your lighting. The area is way too dark.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, doctoring it may have been a bad idea >.>

(we also haven't done a proper lighting pass yet :p)